09 August 2007

I'm thinking I'm letting my stress consume me. I assumed that my 'sanity day' yesterday would calm me down enough to get back to work with my mind working more clearly, and maybe my bitchiness having passed.
I did accomplish a few things off my list yesterday...The bananas are now loaves & muffins:

And even though I waited until the very last minute possible, I even managed to make spaghetti for dinner:

The suitcase is still on my floor, but I've decided that since we're going on holidays again in a few weeks, it's only logical to leave it there now - why go through the trouble of putting it all the way under the stairs when it'll only have to be dragged out again? I just love the way I rationalize things sometimes.

Back to my mood - I think today must have been the absolute worst day at work. I could actually visualize myself flailing my arms wildly and screaming to the top of my lungs. Luckily for everyone, I kept these thoughts to myself, and left as soon as I could. I picked up my daughter at work and we went to visit her girlfriend who just had twin boys yesterday. It changed me completely. I held one of the babies & all of my anger diminished. It's amazing how the innocence of a little child can bring us back to our senses and make us realize that shit happens, and we really need to reevaluate our priorities every once in awhile. Did it make me want another baby? Did my maternal instinct kick in? Not even one bit. However, if it had been a litter of puppies, I would have definitely brought every single one of them home.

Vaughn has been great, and I guess a little worried about how stressed I've been, because when I walked in the door this evening, this is what was on the table:


I'm very blessed - however, a gallon of Almond M&M's would have done the trick too. ;o)

Here's hoping that tomorrow is better...*crossing fingers*

Have a great evening, everyone. Peace.

7 comments:

Netter said...

Man, you totally made me hungry for naner bread...dang it. I'm sorry you are feeling stressed out! If it wasn't hotter than hell out, I'd mail you some Almond Roca's...cause I know you like them. However, by the time you got them, they would look like goo.

Darlene said...

nett: awwww, thanks. It's Friday, so it really can't get any better than that. I'm sure we all have days where we want to go all 'Terminator' on everyone, don't we? :o)

Dan said...

I think you need a really warm, tight, loving hug ... if only to stop those flailing arms.

Here ...

{{{{{{{{{{ Darlene }}}}}}}}}}

Darlene said...

dan: I would totally stop flailing for a dan hug! Thanks! {{{{{Dan}}}}}

Desperate Housewife said...

I'm supposed to be cleaning right now but, I'm blogging instead! And I don't even care!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a sweet surprise! You've got yourself a wonderful hub!

.:Cris:. said...

OMG! Almond m&ms! They used to be my crutch ;)

The flowers are beautiful, babies truely are a a blessing- but keeping one's temper is priceless! Way to go! LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!
Cris~