23 August 2007

Grad 2009

Today was school registration - once a year it's the most chaotic, unorganized event. Why is it that we cannot confirm registration online? Why is it that we have to wait in line for almost two hours to get the school schedule, then another line for payment, then another line for lockers, another line for bus passes and, last but not least, the photo lineup. This prehistoric way of registration is only in high school, and I've been standing in these lines once a year since 1999. I swear I wanted to be shot - until it hit me...Next year will be the last time I ever have to wait in these lines again. My baby will be graduating next year. My eyes instantly welled up with tears. All Adam could do was roll his eyes, chuckle, and say, "God, Mom! I can't take you anywhere!" Where in the heck did the time go?

Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

10 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I get to do it for the first time this year! The Boy is starting pre-k next month. I'm all excited about orientation and making lunches and stuff. But I'm sure it'll wear off pretty quickly.

Darlene said...

dh: You know, it never did wear off for me. I live for this shit. :o)

.:Cris:. said...

Awwwwwww

(((hugs)))

Cris~
ps- feeling any better today?

Darlene said...

cris: I've been drinking Neo Citron like it's my job. LOL
I think I caught it before the disease consumed my entire body. hahaha

Anonymous said...

dear mom.

its about time hes almost done school, someone needs to get an education and support me and jesse. boone still has seven more years, and cody is useless.
we're doomed.
adams really our last hope.

do you know how much of a mess we're going to be at his grad? ugh. i dont even want to think about it. ahaha

Darlene said...

amy: sweet jesus, we'll be two blubbering idiots. Oh god, I could cry right now.

Kare said...

Hey Darlene.
Well, it was 3 1/2 hours for us. That school has the most disorganized registration I have ever experienced. I even got sent to the principal's office. Flashback city.
If you want, you can register Kristy for me for the next few years. I'll even pay you.

Darlene said...

kare: I know - they've gotta come up with a better system - I've never seen anything like it. Adam & I were sent to the office last year, remember? Adam's schedule was erased and I was waiting behind an exchange student who couldn't speak english.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I can relate to the school registration thing. I wish we could do things easier here too but I think it's the way it is for all the bonehead parents that don't hand in the required forms that forces the rest of us to show up in person. Luckily it's pretty organized here so it goes quick. Phew! One thing we have here is proof of residency for the high school since so many people want to sneak into the district. That's a pain in the tukus, they want all kinds of forms for that one. OYE!

Kare said...

Hey Darelene... I just did the Comp registration and it was only like an hour and a half. AND they had chairs to sit on!