29 August 2007

Hey all - sorry about not blogging since last week, but the plague has overcome me. By Saturday I was feeling not too bad, but woke up with the most terrible migraine on Sunday that kept me bedridden until Monday night. Since then, I've been chauffeured around by Vaughn because I feel like I'm just not up to tackling anything yet.

On the downside, our holidays started Friday & we were supposed to leave town Saturday. The weather has been pretty shitty so me being sick was kind of a bonus. We really couldn't go boating in the rain anyway. On the upside, much to everyone's disbelief, I'm glad I got sick while I have time booked off of work - I absolutely HATE calling in sick, and take extreme offence to anyone that does. Is that wrong? Probably, but whatever.

It was Porkchop's 3rd birthday on Saturday, and I've got some great pics to add, but Vaughn bought me a new camera, so I've got to get him to load the software onto the computer.

ANYWAY.........Tomorrow's the end of the month, therefore I'll be drawing for the prize probably tonight. I'm thinking that we'll leave to go out of town tomorrow for a day or two before Adam starts back at school. I'll post the winner!!!!

Have a great day everyone! Peace.

7 comments:

Netter said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather. I had a rotten headache yesterday and it hung around most of today also, so there must be something in the air.

New camera! Oh, goodie, that means new clear, crisp pictures. Can't wait! I also forgot about your contest. I'm crossing my figers, toes and anything else that I could possible cross without injuring myself. I figure Kare will win, she seems pretty lucky.

Darlene said...

nett: You'll have to take a picture of everything crossed - that'll be a keeper! ahahah

Headaches are the absolute worst. I cannot even function - Kare & I were just talking about this the other day. Sometimes they're so bad you just want to die.

And don't rule yourself out on the contest yet - I think I'm gonna draw a few names anyway. :o)

.:Cris:. said...

Hope you're 100% soon Darlene :)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORKCHOP! Sounds to me like Darlene got the bday prezzie though- a new camera, you go girl!

Cris~

Dan said...

Did I just read that you would rather burn vacation days when you are sick than sick days??

It must be that fever you're running! :)

Get better soon!

Darlene said...

cris: ugh -thanks. Hopefully getting out of town for awhile will help!

dan: I know! I can't stand calling in sick. Is that crazy or what?

Kare said...

Darlene! So that's what happened to you...awww... i missed you. Hope you're feeling better.
I totally forgot about your contest, too. Hey, are you going to Westwood tomorrow night to switch classes for Adam? IF so, do you want to meet up before and grabba cuppa?

Anonymous said...

Aw, sorry to hear you weren't/aren't feeling well. That's a bummer. Happy Birthday to Porkchop though! We were Doug fans when my kids were younger and loved the name of his dog. That is where you heard that name, from Doug? We named our puppy after the dog in 7th Heaven. Have you seen that show? Very corny but cute dog.