01 December 2006

Date night....


So, Vaughn & I went on a date tonight - First out for Chinese food, then off to the furniture store to raise some supreme shit about our phantom accent chair legs that somehow mysteriously disappeared....I was ready....I was pissed off....And then I walked by the beds....

I think I've told you how absolutely "normal" my husband is. He's the grown up in our blessed family....Probably the only one with any sense, actually - but I think with him being at one extreme and me being on the other, we are a good balance.... At least that's what I keep telling myself.

So, the beds in the furniture store were calling me to jump on them, to lay on them and to roll around on them....So I did - on every single one.. I think I may have actually dozed for a few minutes...The fun part of this evening is that I finally got Vaughn to get on the beds with me. Usually he's a "press down with your hands and sit on" type of guy, but he actually laid on them all & even saw the humor when I suggested we take a few for test drives before we settle on one.

The evening was fun - and very unnecessary as tomorrow is our 17th wedding anniversary, and he rented the honeymoon suite that we stayed in on our wedding night. How sweet is that????

Adam and I are going to put up the tree now - and Vaughn hasn't grinched-out once. Believe it or not, he's actually helping. I think this man's a keeper....I'll post pictures tomorrow....

Have a great evening, everyone. Peace.

12 comments:

Netter said...

You have to try out the mattresses by taking a nap on them....its part of picking a good one.

I went to one of those Mattress only stores a couple of years ago and when we walked in, the door rang but nobody showed up. We strolled around trying out beds...still no one showed up, then we made our way to the back of the store and there was the salesman, sleeping like a baby. We stood there for a good 10 minutes watching him and listening to him snore. We finally left a note next to him on the bed and left the store laughing. Ah, good times!

Happy 17th Anniversary to you and Vaughn! I hope you are going to try out that new pole dance on Vaughn before you preform for Santa and his Elves. (wink, wink) Anyway, It sure sounds like you have a keeper.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Wishing you many years of happiness to come!!

Librarian Girl said...

Happy anniversary to you! He certainly does sound like a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and many more!! If the 25th anniversary is the "silver" anniversary, isn't the 17th the "mattress" one?

mist1 said...

"Press down with your hands and sit on"

That strikes me as really, really funny.

Kare said...

Happy Anniversary, my good friends!

Darlene said...

mist: He uses this method with everything.

brandy, nett & librarian: thank you so much! I'll have stories - let me tell you....;o)

kare: thanks, girlfriend - love you.

sue: 17th anniversary is mattresses? So, can I hope that my 18th has something to do with Elvis impersonators in Las Vegas?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Darlene & Vaughn!

Just think, you were married on my 17th birthday!

Cris~

ps... here's a cuppa for your special day, and my apologies if this double posts :)

Darlene said...

cris_ thanks so much! We were married on your birthday?? Wow! How did you spend your special day?

Netter said...

No, no, the 18th anniversary is black patent leather, gags, restraints and whips. Can't wait to hear next years story!

Darlene said...

netter: woohoo!!!! That's the anniversary I was waiting for!!!!

Netter said...

I knew you'd like that...you naughty gal, you!

hehehehe.