08 December 2006

Amy's Excellent Adventure Pt. 1



Here's Amy at the airport on Tuesday, all ready for her trip to Ontario. I don't know what it is about that girl...Things happen wherever she goes. I just hang on for dear life and hope that I happen to be with her when this stuff happens....

Take Tuesday, for example...She was on the plane in Calgary, waiting to leave, but the plane was being held for one passenger who hadn't shown up yet. Amy has the patience of a rock, so she was pretty much growing more and more annoyed each second. The flight attendant finally closed all the overhead compartments, and they were ready to take off, and, wouldn't you know it, the guy finally showed up. He then proceeded to reopen all of the compartments and start to move everything around and shove his stuff up there. I think Amy was beginning to implode at this point and was muttering stuff under her breath (I'm assuming it was in the proper 'lady-like' language that I've taught her). The man turned around and looked at her. It was Bret 'The Hitman' Hart. Silence.
Okay, people - Let me tell you about Bret Hart. I love him. No, I don't like wrestling. I only love him. I have the Bret Hart Barbie next to my bed, I have his autobiography, and every interview and wrestling match he's ever competed in on DVD. I was asked once that if I could fulfill one fantasy what would it be. I immediately imagined my husband walking in the room wearing pink spandex pants, a black leather jacket, sunglasses, and have long sweaty hair, yelling, "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be!" Somehow, it didn't do the same thing for me. Dont ask me what it is about him, people, but this man makes me blush.

So, back to the story.....Silence....Amy gasped. He sat down. The end. SHE DIDN'T EVEN GET A PICTURE OR ASK FOR HIS AUTOGRAPH. A part of me died. I have filed the papers to legally disown her and she has been written out of my will.

Have a great evening everyone. Peace.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

13 comments:

Kare said...

Darlene, you were like a little kid on Christmas morning when you told me this story!!
You maybe shouldn't have told everyone about this thing you have for Bret Hart. It's a little out of control and *Poncho forbid you be encouraged.
I'm still really surprised that Amy didn't go and talk to him knowing your obssession with him and all. Amy is totally an adventure magnet, isn't she.

* Poncho is Darlene's very own god.

Darlene said...

kare: AHAHAHAH Poncho forbid she do something like that for her mother. I mean, can you imagine if the lead singer of Our Lady Peace were on the plane & I didn't do anything about it??? She'd never forgive me. Just like I'll never forgive her. LOL

p.s. okay, okay - enough about the poncho/god mistake.

ROFLMAO

Netter said...

My litte Cousin had a HUGE thing for Bret 'The Hitman' Hart...but then again she was like 4 at the time....lol. I can't believe Amy didn't talk to him for you.

Anonymous said...

My friend went out with him in high school. True story.

Anonymous said...

And I seriously think she's a lesbian now.

Darlene said...

okay "anonymous" aka KARE....Maybe you're just jealous.



LOL

netter: I'm going to strangle her when she gets home.

Kare said...

Damn that site meter.
And I'm so not jealous over that. I think the Hitman is ..brace yourself, Darlene...kind of gross. Well, a lot gross, actually. But to each her own!
: )

Desperate Housewife said...

Cool! Though I was always more of a Matt Hardy girl myself.
Maybe Amy was afraid he would lay a smackdown on her if she said anything.

Darlene said...

kare: hey - no dissing the Hitman. And it wasn't the site meter that gave you away - you told me that story before, crazy.

dh: Matt Hardy? Don't know who he is, but I'll google him. How cool would that be to walk up to a wrestler & he put you in a headlock or something?

just me?

Netter said...

just you.


lol

Desperate Housewife said...

Chyna came here once to some show, and I bought her book to get it signed. I asked if she wouldn't mind posing like we were arm wrestling for the picture, but she declined. And not very graciously either, I thought.

Darlene said...

netter: oh come on! You'd love it! LOL

dh: really? Did she even let you take a picture?

Netter said...

Well, Ok, but only if they were not covered in oil or anything.

Hmmmmm, slippery could be fun.