10 December 2006

A Christmas Meme

I've been tagged by Netter! Here you go....


Attach a photo of one of your current holiday displays :

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This was made for me years ago by a person I am no longer friends with - She could pretty much be the craziest, insane person I have ever met, with severe emotional issues. Too much baggage for me....But she's wicked at crafts. LOL

1. Egg Nog, Mulled Cider, or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog Lattes

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? It's all about the wrapping paper.

3. Do you decorate the outside of your home with lights? Any other displays? Just lights - anything else would get stolen by the hoodlums.

4. Poinsettias, Holly or Mistletoe? All three

5. When do you put up your decorations? Right around the beginning of December.

6. Do you prefer to give or receive? BOTH! I'm a total giver all year long, though. I celebrate everything.

7. Cut tree, live tree, artificial tree, or Festivus pole? While I absolutely love real trees, I have an artificial one - I did have a real one last year for the 1st time since I got married & it fell on the dog.

8. Have you ever made a gingerbread house? Yes, every year - they're kinda ugly, but it's fun with the kids.

9.Do you display a nativity scene? Yes.

10.When did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 6 or 7 and I saw my dad bringing the presents into the house after midnight mass. When I called him on it, he told me that I had to believe in Santa or I would never get presents again. So, I guess I kinda still believe in Santa.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I'm a total snow lover.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes - I actually take figure skating lessons every Friday night. Kare insists that I blog about it, so I will sometime.

13. Do you open your gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas Morning

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends, and having time off work to play stupid games, eat lots & watch movies that Santa brought.

15. What is your favorite holiday cookie? Do you bake them or buy them? I love shortbread cookies, but I'm thinking just about any cookie that doesn't have peanuts or raisins (two things I despise).

16. What tops your tree? An Angel.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song? Tons! "Oh Holy Night" by Josh Grobin - Any Frank Sinatra or Andy Williams Christmas song, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee. I have my satellite radio set to channel 2 in my car - right after the American Thanksgiving it plays all Christmas music all the time. I'm in heaven.

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? If Yum, how do you eat them? I can take them or leave them - unless they were made with chocolate or coffee somehow.

20. Do you send Christmas cards? If yes, do you enclose a letter or picture? I usually send cards and occasionally I'll send a pic of the family, but not often.

21. What kind of lights do you decorate your Christmas tree with? White lights, or another solid color, multi colored, candles, or a novelty light such as bubble lights? We were all about the white lights up until a few years ago - now I have multi colored seizure lights on the tree.

22. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Tough question - I just had this conversation with my husband a few weeks ago. I honestly have to say my favorite memories started after I had the kids.

23. Best present that you have received? The good thing about me is that you don't have to spend alot (ignore my Santa letter) If I saw that you put thought into the present, it wouldn't matter if you spent $1 or $1000.

24.Turkey, Ham, Seafood, or Soup for your holiday dinner? We usually do Turkey and ham and all the trimmings - but boxing day leftover dinner & turkey salad sandwiches are my favorites. I hate all seafood except tuna salad and Captain Highliner fish sticks.

25. Favorite Christmas Movie. "It's a Wonderful Life" - I watch it every Christmas Eve and cry right through it.

26.Describe your favorite Christmas ornament. Aside from all the cute ornaments my kids have made me, my favorite is one a childhood friend gave me about 10 years ago. I've known her since I was 2, and we now live thousands of miles away from each other. I've only seen her twice in the past 24 years - the last time was just over 6 years ago. We always talk about how nice it would be to get together at one another's houses to just have coffee in our jammies and gossip. This ornament will forever remind me of the time I wish we had together:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Everyone else....you know the drill....do the meme and make me proud. LOL

Have a good day everyone.....Peace.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you favorite ornament and memory of your friend. That is so sweet!

Darlene said...

brandy: Thanks :o) When I saw her 6 years ago, I hadn't seen her before that for 14 years - it was like no time had passed at all.

Anonymous said...

Do you wear a helmut when you skate?

Darlene said...

kare: Don't ruin the story! LOL

and learn how to spell - its
h-e-l-m-e-t.

The Chocolate Nerd said...

Darlene. I'll send you a gift if you give me your address. happy holidays!

me@imanipowell.com

Darlene said...

chocolate: Really??? Will you send me your address so I can send you a card?

Kare said...

I thought it looked weird. HelmUt is guys name. Why someone would name their child that, I have no idea.
Have a good day, chickie.
(Did I spell everything correctly?)

Darlene said...

kare: You have a good day as well - Adam's still got the plague, so he'll be staying at home with Porkchop today.

M@ said...

I swore I'd never watch another Christmas move again but I did enjoy the one about the kid who wants to get the air gun and the father who puts a lamp in the front window that looks like a woman's leg. It was good....

M@ said...

Merry Christmas!

C... said...

It's a wonderful life is such a great movie to see every Christmas.

Netter said...

I thought Kare was hinting at you wearing a Helmut Lang couture poncho at first....then I realized I'm not the only person that makes spelling errors. THANK GOODNESS!

Ok, now you really have to tell us aobut your skating lessons. Can you do jumps and all that stuff?!

Darlene said...

matt: hmmm...must have missed that one. lol

c: I know - that movie gets me every year - I hope Hollywood never does a remake of it. I'll boycott it.

netter: I wouldn't wear a poncho - even if it was made by Helmut Lang! LOL

Netter said...

Oh come on, when you are skating, it would float in the wind...just think of it! LOL, back me up here Kare!

Anonymous said...

Oo, can't wait to hear about your skating stories! I love the cute ornament and the story about your friend. How sweet.

Anonymous said...

You totally need a skating poncho. With sequins.

Darlene said...

sue: thanks! :o)

kare: A skating poncho is the only thing I DON'T want you to make me! lol

Netter said...

Kare~ you have to do it. Pinp her a poncho with an ice skate and her initials on it. I bet she will pay you not to make it!

Darlene said...

nett: DO NOT give that woman ideas! LOL

nah - I'd wear anything kare made me - even a poncho. ;o)