23 December 2006

One week later......

I'm afraid I have no drunken pole dancing pictures from last week's Christmas parties. My darling son gave me the gift that keeps on giving - the flu. I managed to make it through the dinner at Vaughn's party Friday night, but was home and in bed by 10:30pm, and didn't get out until Sunday evening - completely missing my party.

Do you know when your kids get sick, you wish you could take their pain? I actually didn't feel that way at all - I was more than willing to give the plague right back to the recipient. It's now infected Amy, so we've pretty much been a 'quarantine' house for quite awhile.

On a lighter note, Kare and I received a wonderful package from Nett yesterday! She sent me an ornament for the tree:

I totally laughed my ass off when I opened this. She also sent some other wonderful goodies:

Thanks so much, Nett! Kare and I really appreciated your thoughtfulness!







I have been checking the television for the past two weeks, trying to find out when "It's a Wonderful Life" was going to air - I watch it every Christmas Eve, but this year, I'm assuming that they've decided not to air it. I was in a panic....I'm talking major insanity panic. I actually told the kids yesterday that if I didn't see it by Sunday night, they would wake up Christmas morning to me burning all of the presents in the back yard. God Bless my husband - he went on a major hunt, and found it in the bottom of one of the clearance bins at WalMart. Bells rung and he earned his wings. So, we just finished watching it - Adam for the 1st time, and I cried like a baby.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I truly feel like I'm the richest person in town.

Tomorrow, I'm spending the day with my brother's family.....If I don't post before boxing day, have a Very Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa is good to all of you, and you enjoy the time spent with your family and friends.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Peace.

7 comments:

Dan said...

That film is a true classic.

Glad you're having a wonderful holiday. Things are fine on this end too.

Merry Christmas! And thanks for the kind words regarding my dad. Love to you and yours.

Darlene said...

dan: I hope you have a wonderful christmas. :o)

.:Cris:. said...

Merry Christmas Darlene!!!

Cris~

Anonymous said...

Aw! Your hubby is a real sweetie! I thought I heard a bell ring! Merry Christmas!

Desperate Housewife said...

Merry Christmas Darlene!

Darlene said...

cris, sue & dh: Have a wonderful Christmas. Eat lots, play lots & enjoy. :o)

Netter said...

lol, you are welcome. I knew that ornament would make you laugh...it did me. I love It's a Wonderful Life. Ofcourse I had a Grandfather named Clarence so its extras special to me. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!