05 December 2006

Who Will it Be????

Okay boys and girls - I'm putting on a contest. Whoever posts the correct answer first wins!

I have six tattoos. With five of them, I soul-searched, studied and put a lot of thought into them. With one of them, I woke up one morning about 2 years ago, kind of in a pissy mood, and called the tattoo parlor and got it on an impulse.

Here's the thing. Amy's friend came over last night & noticed it for the 1st time. She asked me what it meant, and as as I began to tell her, my brain went blank. For the life of me, I could not remember what these symbols on the back of my neck were supposed to mean. I knew it had to have some kind of significance, but I was stumped. That's when it got funny for us...

Anyway, I woke up at 4am with a 'eureka!' moment. I remembered! The contest is - Would you know what it meant?

The first person to post the meaning of my tattoo wins! Bonus points if you can tell me what language it is. I'll give whoever it is my email address and they can send me their mailing address & the prize will be yours!

Here it is:

Good luck, everyone. Remember - you have to guess the meaning. The language is just extra.






Have a great evening, everyone. Peace.

21 comments:

mist1 said...

My Ebonics is a little rusty, but I think that says: Thuglife

What did I win?

Darlene said...

mist: A pack of smokes & a 'get out of jail free' card.

Netter said...

Ok, let's see...could it be the hebrew letters Chet, Mem, Alef..which when put together are Charma and it has something to do with the Hindu God of young love. Or it could mean the Essence of Man...but that doesn't seem likely...it could also be related to the tree of life...but its not easy to directly translate because I know diddle squat about Hebrew so it could have a vague relationship with the words:World spirit, light, angel and magic.

Anyway....this is a hard little contest you have going and I'm to tired to work on it anymore...but I'll be back tomorrow.

Netter said...

Oh crap, am I even close? Atleast let me know if I have the right alphabet.

Darlene said...

netter: Damn you're good - Wrong on the meaning, but it is Hebrew. ;o)

Netter said...

Does it mean the Divine Mother?

Kare said...

Ok! I should know this! Since I was there with you almost passing out...(me passing out, not you)
Is it 'unbreakable'? Or something with an H. Inner Peace? Peace?
I am not going to be able to sleep now. Serenity? no,
It's unbreakable isn't it? I'm calling you.

Netter said...

What the....oh man, I'm looking in the wrong Hebrew websites I think.

Darlene said...

kare: Amy has a sanskrit tattoo that means 'unbreakable' - hey, if you called me, it would be cheating! LOL
I thought you were going to faint too..

Netter said...

It means Faithful...and I have proof....I saved the link. I'm emailing it to you.

Darlene said...

netter: Wow - you obviously weren't THAT tired! I checked some more, and the website I linked to a few years ago gave the meaning Truth/Faithful. You truly are the contest queen!

Okay, I've gotta come up with harder contests.

Netter wins!

Netter said...

LOL...no I am tired but I knew once I got started that I wouldn't be able to sleep until I knew what it was. I know, I know, I get obsessive. I can't help it.

So, what did I win? Actually that was pretty hard...but I'm always up for a challenge. I used to do contests but I had relative issues....lol. By that I mean, one of my Uncles would always try to win and it pissed me off because he reads my site but never leaves comments unless he can win something. I got him though, I sent him a fake lotto scratch card that was a "winner." LOL... he was pissed at me for months because he started acting like a freak, bouncing off the walls when he thought he won $25,000. I sure taught him. It's 11:47PM...I'm off to bed now.

Darlene said...

nett: LOL I think I would kill someone if they gave me a fake lotto ticket - I swear.

As for what you're going to win, well, I guess you will have to wait til it arrives! ;o)

Kare said...

I knew that! I should have won this contest. My Alzheimers is killing me.. killing me.
(Please make sure my hair is done when I end up in the home)

Darlene said...

kare: Don't worry - I'll do your hair & makeup everyday. I'll read stories to you from when we were young and stupid.

You'll be the coolest crazy person in a straightjacket.

Netter said...

lol, you guys just reminded me of a story that I forgot to write about....I'll have to do that later.

Anonymous said...

Does it mean peace?

Darlene said...

amanda - READ THE POSTS.. netter won already.

Anonymous said...

Does it mean Love?

Darlene said...

READ THE POSTS YOU CRAZY WOMAN!!!! THE ANSWER IS IN THE POSTS!

LadyLinoleum said...

Playing catch-up here. I love that you forgot what your tats mean. LOL