03 December 2006


Well, I can't say it was the greatest anniversary in the past 17 years, but I can say that it was quite memorable....

The day started out like every other anniversary - opening presents, reminiscing about our wedding day, and marveling about the weather...It was 3c on the day we got married - it was -37c yesterday.

Vaughn got up and took Porkchop to her hairdresser appointment, and I stood in the shower until we ran out of hot water - here she is:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was in a mood. I was so hormonal and emotional, I couldn't even stand to be around myself. I was suffering from the worse case of the "woe is me" sickness and I couldn't get one person to pack their bags to go on this pity trip with me. Vaughn was so excited about taking me to the honeymoon suite - so, I got some stuff together and we ventured out, all the while I just wanted to be home. I never saw the logic in him taking me to a hotel when we've got a perfectly good bed 5 miles away. I mean, if he had surprised me with a trip out of town, that probably would have been one thing, but being in a hotel so close to home, this close to Christmas just wasn't sitting right with me. So, as we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, I just said, "I want to go home". So he pulled out of the parking lot. "Let me at least take you out for a nice dinner", he said. So, we did...All that mattered to me was we go to the lounge part so I could have a drink or three. You have no idea how bad my hormones were working - I was even starting to piss myself off.

So, we get seated at the lounge at my favorite restaurant, and I order a martini called "Hawaiian Headlock". I think I could have bypassed dinner all night & just drank these. wow - that's all I've got to say about those. So, we're eating our meal, and the man who was sitting in the booth behind Vaughn, but facing me, stretched out his arms and gave the loudest yawn...This in itself kinda made me giggle, but then he started to tip, and before you know it, he had gone rigid, dropped to the floor and went into a seizure. Every staff member in the lounge was running around like wet hens while this guy was throwing up like crazy, so I called 911....I happened to have my camera in my purse, and wanted to take pictures of him so badly, but Vaughn reminded me that it was probably in bad taste, so as we left, I did manage to take pictures of the ambulance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This was way too exciting - seriously.

We came home & rented a movie to watch with Adam & it was great. I know I was probably a bit of a 'Debbie Downer', but all in all, it was pretty okay. On another note, my parents send me the wierdest bouquet:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting When I opened it, I didn't even know what to say - they ordered them from a this wierd-ass interpretive floral shop, and I don't even know how to comment on them.

Our tree got put up - finally:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, here it is, the day after our anniversary and I'm not feeling too bad - Tonight we have our 'Secret Santa' gift opening for work at a local pub, so, that should be fun....

Oh My God! I almost forgot! I found my new dishes! Kare, I guess this means that you'll soon have new dishes as well. :o)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I'm in love with them...Hopefully Santa reads this.

Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

11 comments:

Kare said...

Darlene, Darlene, Darlene. sigh.
You have a miracle husband. You do know that, don't you?
At least you had some excitement with the ambulance and all. Hopefully this guy is ok!!
What's this place with the Hawaiian Headlock? I want to go out for supper tonight.
Your tree looks great as usual.
Thanks for sharing the pics, you nut.
:)

Dan said...

What an evening! But I have to say that Vaughn is such a party pooper. Imagine the fun you could have had with photos of the guy on the floor throwing up.

OK, so maybe Vaughn had a point. But he's still a party pooper.

Netter said...

Ah Man! Sorry to hear about the hormonal stuff...I know how that goes.

You know, there must have been some way for you to "accidentally"take a pic of the poor shlub while he was down for the count. I sure hope he was OK....it sure sounds bad.

Nice tree, very pretty indeed. Make sure you take a picture of it at night with the lights on. That is were the genious of light and ornament placement come together. Everyone thinks I'm nuts but I take tree decorating seriously.

Love the dishes by the way. Can those be purchased online?

Darlene said...

kare: He's a saint... Really. My mother was right.

dan: I agree! All I could say was, "Oh God, I have to blog about this!"

nett: There is nothing more serious than light/ornament placement...I love my Christmas tree, however, Vaughn was raised a little more traditionally & everything matched, so he kinda thinks it looks cluttered...I'm like you - I have enough ornaments for about 3 trees & I cram them all on one.
Yes, by the way, I found those dishes on the Pier 1 website. They're called 'Urban Dot'.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about that poor guy. Hope he was ok!

Really hate hormones!!

You tree looks awesome!

Hey could I pretty please get your addy? My email is crochetnut71 at gmail dot com.

Thanks!! Hope you have a better day today!

Darlene said...

brandy: hormones suck. Yes, I hope that guy's okay as well...

I sent you my address - please send me yours! :o)

Anonymous said...

Those dishes look like a jacket that Mr. Dressup would have pulled out of his tickle trunk...I love them!
They kind of match the wallpaper you have on your blog, fancy that!

LadyLinoleum said...

You know, sometimes you just feel yucky. That's the way it goes. Thankfully, you guys had a good time anyway!

I love those dishes too....

Darlene said...

ladylinoleum: Thanks! :o) My daughter has informed me that they're the ugliest dishes she has ever seen - she said they look like something she made me in art class in grade 1. LOL

Desperate Housewife said...

It really sucks when you PMS right when you want to have a good time.

You probably could have snuck a couple of shots of the seizure guy. I actually snorted out loud when I read that.

Darlene said...

dh: I looked at vaughn & said, "This is the greatest anniversary EVER!" Clearly it doesn't take much to amuse me.


p.s. nice to see you back!