10 June 2008

Practical AND Fashionable

Anyone who knows me, knows my love for Miss Porkchop. I hate to be away from her, so these past months have been great in the sense that I'm off work and I can spend all this time with her.

Now it's boating season & Vaughn wants to be on the lake every chance he can get. I don't want to be leaving her every weekend, and it worries me that if I brought her on the boat, something would happen & she wouldn't be able to get to shore.

I mentioned to Kare that I wanted to find her a lifejacket. After an unnecessary amount of laughter (on her part), I think I made her see the light. Unlike her two dogs (whom I LOVE), Porkchop isn't as ummmm.... self sufficient. She's not the outdoorsy type at all, and she is purely for decorative purposes only.

When Kare was out of town a few weeks ago, she came home with a present for my little girl:

PorkchopLifejacket

It took a lot of coaxing to get her into it, but once it was on, her tail started wagging. Just one problem, though. She wouldn't move. She just stood there. Frozen.

Either way, I'm going to make a sailor out of this girl. All she needs now is the little hat & we'll be set.


Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw cute! Miss Porkchop is all tricked out in her boating attire. I see there's a convenient handle too! You know, my dog doesn't even like to walk in wet grass, I'm not too sure how he'd feel about a boat but as long as there are people on board, I'm sure he'd love it. Miss P is stylin'!

Darlene said...

sue: I know! She's gonna be the most stylin' girl on the lake....That is, if I ever manage to get her on the boat - she has anxiety issues, but I'm gonna try!

Librarian Girl said...

Welcome back!

Darlene said...

Thanks! I'm thinking it was about time.

Netter said...

Miss Porkchop looks lovely in her lifevest. How nice of Kare to pick that up for her and how lovling of you to think of it in the first place.

Darlene said...

nett: I'm glad you think so - I was mocked by just about everyone for even thinking that she should wear one!

egan said...

Does she like lattes?

Desperate Housewife said...

Awww, I've always thought dogs in sweaters are adorable, but dogs in personal floatation devices are even cuter!

Darlene said...

egan, or 'dan' ;o): She does indeed - and believe me, I learned this the hard way.

dh: We bought her a pink t-shirt a year or so ago that had 'Daddy's Little Girl' written in glitter. She did the same thing - she wouldn't move. Did you ever see the movie 'Tommy Boy' when Chris Farley started singing 'Fat Guy in a Little Coat'? Well, that's what the little t-shirt reminded me of.

Netter said...

Oh yeah, I totally agree. Having pets is like having kids and everyone wouldn't think twice about putting their kids in lifevests, so it makes sense to put Porkchop in one. I mean its not like she's a water dog or hunting dog with a log of strength and energy, right. She'd get tired of doing the doggy paddle and what if you couldn't get to her right away...no, the vest is a smart investment if you are going to have her on the lake.

I wonder how long you would have to leave her in the vest or a shirt before she'd finally move.