23 June 2008


I read this book on my way back from Edmonton yesterday. I had seen Randy Pausch on 'Oprah'; as well, I watched the full video on YouTube. This man is truly inspiring. If you haven't seen the lecture, I will copy it below. When I finished it, my husband looked at me and asked, "Is it a book I should read?", all I could reply was, "It's a book everyone should read."

If you have about 45 minutes to spare, I strongly recommend watching this lecture. The man is an inspiration to us all. The book goes into a lot more detail regarding the lecture - things he was unable to say on stage.

Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen him on Oprah too. Very inspirational. Sorta puts those petty feelings in perspective, doesn't it? Thanks for posting the link. This a good thing to watch and reflect upon everyone once in awhile.

Desperate Housewife said...

I don't know anything about this book, though Amazon keeps recommending it to me. I'll have to check it out.

Darlene said...

sue: The lecture on 'Oprah' was only a short summary of the complete one - if you enjoyed it, you'll be completely in awe by the full lecture.

dh: I think his attitude towards life kinda puts everything into perspective. We should all be very grateful - I think if I had 1/2 the positivity that this man has, I'd be blessed.

Lucy said...

I'm afraid to read it for fear it will depress me....all I can think about is this incredible husband, father, teacher....who is going to die soon. It's so sad!