06 September 2006

Life is a Highway........

Well, Benjamin left yesterday....The supposedly "Bane of my existence" is gone. Amy is so sad - Her birthday is on Friday, so they had a going away/birthday party on Monday night and everything went awesome..poor girl...She is having such a hard time with this...
She did, however have the most amazing few months, and, he was absolutely amazing to her. I do feel though, that he is definitely a boy who has to be taken in small doses. I mean, it was fun, it was memorable, but he would most certainly constitute as "too much of a good thing"...And this is how I explained it to Amy:

Me: Remember that time when I craved egg salad sandwiches all the time? I couldn't get enough of them? I ate 2 or 3 of them a day, and after about 2 months I got so sick of them that I wanted to vomit? Remember that I couldn't even think of an egg without wanting to be sick?

Amy: Yeah

Me: Well, it was my favorite thing in the world, just like Ben is to you. But too much of my favorite thing made me puke. Benjamin is like egg salad.

Amy: But I don't really like egg salad.

(You have to realize that she was quite emotional during this conversation, and I was trying my best to put Benjamin's leaving in perspective, but she just wasn't getting it)

Me: Okay, maybe he's not egg salad for you. What's your favorite food?

Amy: Beef Taco Salad from Boston Pizza.

Me: Okay, Benjamin is your Beef Taco Salad.

Amy: But I don't think I like Beef Taco Salad that much....Can it be milk? I love milk. And you just know when you've had too much milk. Can Ben be like milk?

Me: Fine. He's milk. By this time, I've pretty much given up on the metaphors. Then Adam pipes in.

Adam: I don't get it.

See if I ever console anyone again. No one gets my logic.

Here are a couple of pics from Amy & Benjamin's Excellent Adventure. Happy trails. Thanks for the smile you put on my daughter's face. For that, I do love you.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

TreslieDayna said...

I miss you!

Darlene said...

right back at you, tres! Hope you're having a great time. :o)

Kare said...

You are softening up! You are!
I do feel bad for Amy right now. She certainly had a summer to remember.

Librarian Girl said...

Nice try with the egg salad thing. I totally got you. Maybe try it with beer instead-- more universal, no?

Darlene said...

librarian: ahahah I never thought of that one. hey, god knows I've gotten sick enough on alcohol a time or two in my day. How strange that I seem to always go back for more..... ;o)

Kare said...

HEY! I know your picture...
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" Did I get that right?

Darlene said...

karen: LOL you're right!

Desperate Housewife said...

Aww, first love!
At least she didn't marry him!

Darlene said...

lol omg - you know, when she texted me to tell me he was in jail, I thought that was actually what she was going to tell me...Amy's the type who would say, "Oh, you know, we were just feeling crazy and spontanious, so we decided to get married for something to do" *shudder* I think I'm getting pissed off just imagining it.