11 September 2006

Decisions, decisions.....

Two years ago for my birthday, my husband took me down to the car dealership & told me to pick out a car.....I picked out a Vibe:

I should tell you that I had been nagging him for about a year for one. You know, it was the whole "Oh my God, honey! It's my favorite car EVER! Even if I won the lottery, I would want a Vibe!" So he surprised me... I picked one out (same color as above), test drove it, did the financing, and drove it off the lot...And I hated it. Don't get me wrong, I really like the car - I just hated the color from day one. You see, my dream is to own a silver vehicle ( a silver Land Rover, to be exact, but that's where the lottery comes in) - they didn't have silver, so my second choice was black. They had a black - with no air conditioning. Who in the hell wants a car with no air conditioning??? It gets hotter than the depths of hell here, and I'll be damned if I'm opening the windows with the shit that I've seen flying around in this city. So, I got this color - The official name is "Moonstone" - I saw "Gunmetal Grey". I'm not a "Gunmetal Grey" type of person......but I got it, and I've loathed it for 2 years.

I have been driving myself crazy as to the kind of car I want. So, a few weeks ago, it hit me. I wanted a Silver Tracker. Guess what??? They don't make them anymore! So, Vaughn took me down to the dealership tonight to show me an Equinox in the showroom. Gunmetal Grey. I looked out the window, and what do I see???? A silver one. He tells me it's used. I tell him that I don't care because it's silver.

So, I've driven it all over town, went to show my friend, Jayne & her husband, who loved it, and now I've got it sitting in my garage - I have until tomorrow evening to decide whether or not I want this new addition to my family. It's not a Tracker....It's definitely not a Land Rover....but it's silver. And it's pretty damn sweet.

12 comments:

Schell said...

Oh Darlene, you are the lucky girl. I have a friend who has a land rover, I think she lives not too far from you. She lives the lifestyles of the rich and famous. I even think hers is grey or silver. I've never actually seen it yet though. This Equinox looks nice.

Darlene said...

I've seen a silver land rover up here, and it's the actual one I want. Do you think you could introduce her to me so we could become best friends and then maybe she'd leave it to me in her will? ;o) just a thought...

mist1 said...

I think I'm a gunmetal grey person. That sounds sleek and cold and sexy. All things that I am not, unless I try really, really hard.

Darlene said...

mist1: believe me, my car is anything but sleek, cold & sexy. More like bubblish, lukewarm & matronly. All things that I am not, unless I try really, really hard.

Unknown said...

Love the car. Its beautiful. If ya like it get, if not hold out til you get what you want. I want a Bug!!! A green Bug... That way I can slug my son in the morning yelling slug bug no take backs!!! LOL

Darlene said...

LOL I take my son to school every morning & it's a constant punchfest of "Punch Buggy" & PT Cruiser Bruiser" - he says he wants a PT Cruiser for that reason! LOL
Even after a good night's sleep, I'm still a bit undecided...we will see. :o)

Kare said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can relate! Last year DH and I drove to 4 car dealerships to find the color car I wanted! I just didn't want to drive home what was available and hate the color for the rest of the car's life!

Darlene said...

A girl's mentality is amazing, isn't it?? I mean, I have no idea what the engine is, what the mileage is blah, blah, blah - but I love the color & I look cool driving it. ahahah

C... said...

I must say I relate totally and I somehow feel embarrassed I do.

Kare said...

Did you keep it, Darlene?

Schell said...

Yep, dyin to know the verdict.