08 September 2006

20 years in the blink of an eye.........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

20 years ago at 1:42am, I expericed the worst pain known to women.
Where did the time go? My baby girl is 20 years old today.

Amazing, how a girl almost 1/2 my age can be my best friend. What an astounding kid I have, ladies. She's the most stubborn, cranky, opinionated person that has ever existed. She would argue about the sun coming up in the morning.

I raised her to stand up for what she believed in - to fight to the ends of the earth for what she felt was right. I created this monster in my own image. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

20 years....gone in a blink. Wishing and amazing girl an amazing birthday.



Now, for your viewing pleasure, some pictures thru the years........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

20 years ago


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today - some things never change, amy :o)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Amy then....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Amy today




14 comments:

Schell said...

Happy birthday Amy. Whatya doin tonight??????? Have fun kay.

Librarian Girl said...

Happy birthday to Amy, and happy everything to mom. You are both wicked lucky.

Anonymous said...

OMG! You two look like sisters! How wonderful to have a best friend and a daughter all rolled up into one.

Kare said...

Happy birthday, AMY!
It goes by fast. But it's a long fast.
I was with you through out all. That's cool.
Don't get all drunk as f!*k ...again. Silly girl

Netter said...

A very Happy Birthday to Amy! My Katie will be 19 on 9-11. It seems like only yesterday that she was a little 4 year old crawling up on her brand new nannies lap. Somethings never change....she still likes to sit on me.

Darlene said...

yo yo Karen: Amy's got a shitload of friends here & we're drinking chi-chi's - yee haw! ;o)

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!

.:Cris:. said...

Happy Birthday Amy!

Cris~

Kare said...

Morning Darlene!
I didn't drink Chi Chi's last night and I feel great today. How about you?
; )

Darlene said...

karen: I'm actually feeling pretty damn good today - didn't drink too much. I do, however have a ton of housework to do today, and that kills me....so, if you want to sidetrack me & call me later for coffee, I'm totally down with that ;o)

Desperate Housewife said...

Christ, you look young to have grown-up kids!
Why did I wait until I was 32 to have a kid? Why?!

Darlene said...

dh: I think I love you. :o) I must photograph well, because when I look in the mirror, I see nothing but old lady.

Kare said...

Hey DAR,
Where's your post, huh, DAR?
Oh, and you don't really look too much like a cheap prostitute either.
It's all good.
Love,
Kare
ps: I'm posting about your sassiness tomorrow. Be afraid.

Darlene said...

ahahahah aahhh, kare, you know nothing frightens me. LOL

The Chocolate Nerd said...

her hair is so awesome!!!! I love the relathionship between mothers and daughters. My mom is my best frriend:)