25 September 2006

Back to Reality...

We got home last evening after a much needed break from reality. God, I love staying in a hotel. I would love to do this every weekend.
There was a little Mexican singing & playing the guitar at dinner on Saturday - I wanted him to sing Happy Birthday to me, but seeing it's not my birthday yet, I didn't know if that was such a good idea.
I learned that you can't even put a teaspoon of bubble bath in a jacuzzi. Vaughn was out in the room & all he heard was, "Ummm, honey? Can you get the ice bucket? The bathroom is covered in bubbles." He then asked me what I planned on doing with the bubbles once I scooped them out, and since I didn't think that far ahead, we just turned off the jets & had a bubble bath instead.
We went to Ikea - I only planned on getting napkins. I swear. But, Vaughn was holding the cart and was walking like his ass was on fire, so I panicked and started throwing stuff in. The bill came to $192.00, and even though I was shocked, I couldn't read the receipt because everything's got a wierd name so I didn't know what I would have been reading anyway...
We went to an amazing brunch yesterday, and there was a man (not the little Mexican) playing a harp. It was beautiful, but not nearly as much fun as the Mexican...There was a lady who worked there who was wearing a low-cut blouse and her chest was as hairy as Vaughn's. This gave me the giggles. I know, I know...I'm a 10yr old sometimes.
On the way there, we stopped in Nowhereville and ate at this Chinese Food/Burger place (this in itself should have been a warning). I guess they have a buffet on Friday Nights because there was a sign posted on the buffet table that read, "Only take what you plan to eat. If there is uneaten food left on your plate, you will be charged $5.00 extra". I burst out laughing - I am clearly not redneck enough to eat in a hick town.
All in all it was a great weekend. I did manage to finish the book "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time"...Very different, but a good different.
Have a great day, everyone....Peace :o)

15 comments:

Schell said...

We had that happen in a jacuzzi we we're in once too. Lesson learned for sure. Gotta get to Ikea the next time I go to the city. Glad you had a good weekend.

Kare said...

Did you yell START THE CAR?
You've got to tell me where that nowhereville buffet was. That's just too funny.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! What crazy restaurants! Sounds like your Ikea run was successful even if it was a bit hurried.

.:Cris:. said...

Welcome home!!!

I'm giggling @ the buffet sign- I'm from Hickville and have never seen such a thing. You should take pictures of this stuff!

Cris~

Lucy said...

So true with ikea....weird names for everything!!!

mist1 said...

Please tell me that you made that sign up.

Darlene said...

nope - I swear to God - that sign was the truth.

amanda said...

so whats your napkins like???

Darlene said...

oh amanda, I now have a cupboard full of every color napkin imaginable. life is good. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Back to Reality - That reminds me of an Eminem song.
Are you going to post pictures of your napkins? Please?
Dar, Call me when you get home, K.

princessdominique said...

I love Judy Blume. She eased me through high school. I think I'll check out the book about the door. Weather's getting cool. Perfect for reading.

Darlene said...

kare: I called & apparently it was your nap time....call me when you awaken from your slumber.

aj said...

That sign? Fantastic. I swear.

IKEA is one of the greatest stores ever.

EVER.

I love it there. I tried to LIVE in there once...

They didn't like that.

Darlene said...

aj: LOL I want my ashes sprinkled over there when I die. You are so right....greatest store EVER.

The Chocolate Nerd said...

you should write some chick-lit. you have a great voice:)working on your novel????