28 August 2006

Never (and I mean never) Judge a Book by it's Cover....

I work for a communications company - in the cellular division. I know, I know, it's not the greatest of jobs, but I work with some excellent people, the pay is good, the hours are amazing and something interesting always happens. Always.

Take today for example. I had a very pleasant, plain, even frumpy if you will, lady come into the store this afternoon. The speaker on her phone wasn't working and I explained to her that because it was still under 30 days, we were able to exchange it. She was concerned that she would lose the photos she had taken, so I explained that she had one of two options - either email them to herself, or to save them onto the existing memory card. She didn't know how to do either and asked if I could help.....So I did...

I click on the first picture and did a double-take. It was a penis - covered in a sock with the toe part gone & only the head poking out. If you can't visualize this...visualize legwarmers from back in the '80's - you get the idea...So, without even breaking a sweat, I proceed to teach her how to email the photo to herself. When we're finished she said she also wanted to know how to transfer them to the memory card, and would I mind showing her that as well? Okay, I was kind of panicky at this point - I mean, the pictures are less than 1/2 inch when you're trying to select them, so I had to be pretty careful as to which one I was picking...So, I looked really quick, and said, "Oh here's a box of shells..I'll show you with this one." So, I enlarge the picture. And I stop. And I squint my eyes & pull the phone closer to me. And then I realize that it wasn't a box of shells. It was a box full of various vibrators and miscellaneous sex toys. It was almost like I had a "eureka" moment, because I said, "Oh, I know what these are," and she giggled. I'm pretty proud of myself that I managed to not miss a beat - I proceeded to show her - she thanked me and walked out of the store.

"I'll take 'Awkward' for 200, please, Alex"

You know, I'm probably one of the most open-minded people I know. All anyone would have to say is, "Hey, before you go any further, just to let you know, there's penis leg warmer & vibrator pics on there." I would have said, "Cool - thanks for the heads up." and gone about my business. I just ask one favor....PLEASE WARN ME FIRST. I don't like to be surprised.

13 comments:

Kare said...

ROFL!
That's hilarious.
I would have died. You are just so cool at all times, Darlene. You really are. That is your talent. You are the queen.

(when I worked at an art gallery, there was this guy who brought in seductive paintings to hang there, and I could feel myself blush everytime I saw him. Then I knew I was blushing so it made me blush more. If I could change anything about myself, it would be that. I blush at the drop of a hat. That's all. Thanks for the therapy session.)

Shells. LOL!!!

Darlene said...

LOL - I know - I have that tendency to blush as well - but I was so damn shocked this time that my body's blushing trigger didn't even have time to go off. It takes a LOT to catch me off guard, but, I must say, that woman succeeded.

Kare said...

Your story is still making me laugh...

Kare said...

hey it's after midnight....guess what I'm doing... I'm commenting! ltm (laughing to myself) Hey remember, "I must say" from SCTV? And remember how I always wanted to be Edith Prickley? And remember the 3-D pancakes? Whatever happened to good tv anyway?
Where did that come from? ltm

Kare said...

Um, your time is incorrect.

Desperate Housewife said...

You should have pointed at the "shells" picture and said, "That's my personal favourite brand!"

Schell said...

I honestly don't know what I would have said. Yeah she should have given you a heads up, sounds like you did awesome. Wonder if the guy with the sock was hot??????/ Just wondering. Ha. Have a good one Darlene.

.:Cris:. said...

"I'll take Laughed my A$$ Off for $1000, Alex."

Just think, there's really patterns out there for willie warmers... Wouldn't one in bright pink fun fur make an awesome gag gift?!?

... still chuckling over your job perks...

Cris~

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!! Good lord! You get the cool-as-a-cucumber award! Was it some kind of prank? Either way, too bizarre for words!

Darlene said...

sue: oh boy, I wish it were.

.:cris:. I'm commissioning you to make me one for my husband for christmas. LOL

Netter said...

lol, that was the best laugh I have had in days. I would have been looking around asking where the hidden camera was.

Lucy said...

You get an award for that one!! LOL

Librarian Girl said...

Um- I think she actually DID give you a "head's up," if you catch my drift. Or a picture of a head's up. har-dee-har-har.