03 November 2006


You know what I love about Halloween? Smartie Shots. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, imagine doing shots of alcohol. You take that shot glass and pour it all in your mouth. At Halloween, you get the mini boxes of Smarties.....Voila - you have Smartie Shots.

This weekend should be great - aside from the sub zero weather we've been having. We are going to an annual charity benefit tomorrow night called "Kids Forever". It's a great night where you get to dress up, eat lots, drink lots, dance lots and there's also a silent auction. All the proceeds go to children who are either terminally ill, or with physical and/or mental disabilities. The kids are usually nominated, and they raise an insane amount of money, as the fund-raising for this event is ongoing all year long. We became interested in this because 9 years ago, my niece was the nominated child. She was born with a genetic chromosome defect which resulted in her being not only physically, but mentally disabled as well. An amazing little girl, who was not expected to live a weekend, and is now 10 years old.

This evening I'm meeting Vaughn at the furniture store to get new living room furniture! (yay!) I've been eyeing this stuff for quite awhile, and they have a 1-day sale on, so it's basically screaming for me to buy it.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Peace.

4 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I never "shoot" my Smarties...I like to savour them, one by one.

Darlene said...

dh: while savoring is good, I believe smarties are meant to be shot.

.:Cris:. said...

LOL Darlene! Enjoy your new furniture, and the charity benefit. It sounds wicked fun.

(GASP!) Our Smarties are different! I wonder if you would want to do shots of our Smarties? Our Smarties are usually the last things to be eaten from the candy bowl. Maybe I'll post a picture for you in my blog? :)

Mermaid Melanie said...

Now THAT sounds like an awesome treat! do you have the recipe?