17 November 2006

Ebony and Ivory



Remember when Michael Jackson used to be cool? Heck, do you even remember when Michael Jackson used to be black???

I was driving to work this morning, listening to the radio, and "The Way You Make me Feel" came on. I cranked up the tunes so loud and sang to the top of my lungs. This was 'feel good' music - this was 'sing your heart out and get up and dance' music.

I loved Michael Jackson. When the "Thriller" video came out, my friends and I would sit and watch it over and over. True, by this time he had already had some work done, but he was looking like a well groomed, leather clad black man with a nose job. And he was cute. He danced like nobody else and his music made everyone's toes start tapping.

I'm not sure when the deterioration started, but man, he is one weird creature. This was a man who had the world at his fingertips, and then proceeded to eat one too many apples off the crazy tree.

I can't imagine him looking in the mirror every day and thinking, "Damn, I'm lookin' pretty hot today!" It's disappointing because he was so great, such an amazing performer, and now he and his taped-on nose will be known as nothing more than a bleached skinned perverted has-been. So pathetic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still all about the music, but he's just a friggin' freak.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
well......definitely not beautiful.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That last picture says it all! What a waste!!

Have a great weekend!!

Kare said...

A Michael Jackson post!!! Yay!! I am a HUGE fan of this "man". Not of his personal life but of his geniusness. Is that a word?
When I was a teenager, though, I never admitted that I liked his music. It was my little secret because I had this tough, bad girl image to protect. Long live Ozzy.
What he was thinking with his surgery and all, we'll never know.
But, yes, he is the dancing king. He moves like no one else. He is an amazingly talented freak.
Shi-moe.

Anonymous said...

My kids have only seen him as the freakish creature that he now is. When they saw a picture of him as a child, my son said, "holy crow! Michael Jackson used to be a small black child!!" Personally, I think he's trying to look like Diana Ross, but that's just me.

mist1 said...

He used to be black? No way.

Netter said...

MJ is like a train wreck...enough said.

Desperate Housewife said...

I can moonwalk. It's my hidden talent.

Darlene said...

dh: I wanna see pictures.

Librarian Girl said...

Dh, you and me. Moonwalking contest.

I was so in love with Michael when I was a kid. In looove.

Darlene said...

librarian: You're on!

Darlene said...

mist: way.