12 November 2006

Ho. Ho. Ho.


Amy was given an early Christmas present from her Grandparents. They gave her an airplane ticket to Ontario - to visit Benjamin. Do you remember him? The 'bane of my existence'? The 'night in the drunk tank'? The ' I don't know - I just have a feeling about him'? Yeah, that's him.

It didn't go over so well with her Dad - he worries so much about her. But I guess it could be worse, right? RIGHT? He makes her smile, and they've missed each other so much.

She leaves on 5 December for a week. I'll keep a smile on my face for her, and tell her that I hope she has a fantastic time - all the while, I will be worried sick, telepathically sending messages to him that if anything happens to my first born, he had better pray that he dies too.

8 comments:

mist1 said...

Have you ever heard of a Voodoo doll? I heard they work wonders.

Darlene said...

mist: Really? I've only seen voodoo dolls work in the "Witches of Eastwick"....If I get you his address, do you know anyone who could break into his house to steal some hair and misc. body stuff?

Desperate Housewife said...

Is the boy in question aware you hate him? You have to make the pair of them think you approve of them being together.
Start talking making "you two crazy kids should get married!" sounds.

Librarian Girl said...

Maybe this will make you feel better... I read today (and thought of you) that Duran Duran will be cutting a record with Justin Timberlake.

Or maybe that makes you feel worse?

Darlene said...

librarian: shut UP! Are you serious??? No, you can't possibly be serious.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! What were the Grandparents thinking?! Do they know about the drunk tank? Well, you're a really cool mom. You're daughter will have a fantastic adventure.

Anonymous said...

She'll be fine!!! She's too smart to end up in the drunk tank with Ben-ja-min.
Doo-ran Doo-ran with Justin Timberlake? Shut your coffee hole!!

Netter said...

It sound to me like her Grandparents are getting back at you for something. Poor Darlene! I'm sure that Amy will be fine. You know what they say, Absence makes the heart grow fonder....spend to much time with him and he may just get on her last nerve.

I read about the JT and Duran Duran album last night. Could be interesting.