20 November 2006

Greatest Weekend EVER


Okay, so maybe it's not the greatest weekend ever, but good things happened.

I went to my brother's to pick up his dog, Sparkles, on Friday to surprise Porkchop with a weekend sleepover. I love his dog - and usually, so does Porkchop. Well, usually. This weekend, her knickers were in a complete knot. Not only did she ignore Sparkles all weekend, she pouted, whimpered, and wouldn't even do her business outside if Sparkles went out too. I would walk in the house and start to scratch her & when Sparkles would come running, Porkchop would get up, walk away, drop like a dead dog and give us a dirty look. And then, after my brother picked her up this morning, she had the nerve to sit by the door and cry. I could have drop kicked her if she weren't so cute.

My new living room furniture arrived on Friday night - everything was perfect, except they lost the legs to the accent chair. Amy came downstairs and thought the chair was beautiful because it had an "Asian" feel as it was so close to the floor. She was disappointed to find out that I wasn't keeping it that way.

I went to my girlfriend, Amanda's last night, and met her Aunt Patsy. My eyes zeroed in on her feet. Before you get sick, let me explain that she was wearing homemade wooly slippers. And guess what? After I gushed about them, she GAVE ME A PAIR!!!!!!!!! My days of prostituting myself for wooly socks or slippers are over. Seriously, people - who's leg did I have to hump to get me some? My life is good.

Funny things that came out of my family's mouths this past week:

There's a new girl at my husband's work...She was outside the office, and Vaughn overheard her talking about "show-jumping"...He walks out, and asks, "What are you talking about?" She says, "I'm a show jumper". My husband says, "So is my wife, but in our house, we call it pole-dancing."

***For those who are easily offended, do not read further***

My daughter is a waitress at a pizza place. You know how annoying it is when the waitress always comes over to see how everything is just as you put the food in your mouth? Well, she walked over to ask this man if everything was okay and noticed he had a huge mouthful of food. She looked at him and said, "I'm so sorry - I always have a habit of coming when your mouth is full." Silence....He burst out laughing. She walked away. (sorry - I found this too funny)

Have a great evening, everyone. Peace.

14 comments:

aj said...

OMG SO funny about Porkchop and Sparkles! Aren't dogs strange? My dog is weird too. I just smile and nod.

WAY COOL that you got those slippers - that's awesome!

Oh, and I about fell out of my chair from reading about your daughter at work. That's hilarious.

Darlene said...

aj: never a dull moment around here, let me tell you. :o)

Anonymous said...

You got slippers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene said...

kare: I DID!!!!!!!!! I DID!!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!

Netter said...

lol, Kare said you were beggin all over the web trying to get someone to make you a pair of slippers. Only you could sweet talk a pair of slippers right off an old ladies feet. lol, that is why we enjoy you so much, you keep us on our toes. Might I add, I am green with envy.

LOVE the quotes....OMG, I love comments with a dirty twist.

Desperate Housewife said...

Perhaps Porkchop was playing hard to get.
And did the guy give your daughter a great big tip?

Librarian Girl said...

Ok, I admit it. I have, in the past, acted just like Porkchop when I had a crush on someone.

Dan said...

Found you via a comment on Mist's site (I think). You said "Funny things that came out of my family's mouths this past week".

For me, on the other hand, funny things went into our mouth's this past week. And we haven't been feeling the same since. I just knew I shouldn't have eaten that. ;)

Nice blog you have here.

Anonymous said...

A boy on your site? What is happening?

Anonymous said...

Those pups are adorable. I have a Lhasa apso puppy who is the sweetest little thing.

Darlene said...

librarian & dh: they're both girls - aside from the occasional time Sparkles tries to hump Porkchop, I really can't afford Doggie Therapy this close to Christmas.

dan: Sorry about the funky food - thanks for visiting, tho. :o) Hope you feel better soon.

rhea: lhasa apso puppies are so cute! I'd love to see pics - Thanks for stopping in! :o)

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of when the kids were little and wanted to invite a friend over. Once the little friend comes over, the fighting would begin. Sheesh!

Nice slips! Score!

Teehee! Who knew the local pizzaria could be so entertaining.

C... said...

I say things that make me blush all the time.

Unknown said...

Yay!! You got some great wooly slippers!

You family does say the darnest things! LOL