24 October 2006

The Time Has Come....


Well, after a 2 week hiatus, I am back to the grindstone tomorrow. *sigh* It's hard to believe that exactly 2 weeks ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed with nothing on but a backless gown, waiting for the OBGYN to remove yet another part of my female anatomy; and here I am - new, improved and 100% fallopian tube free.

So, I will go about my business and get back to reality with my floating ovaries. Even under the circumstances, I enjoyed this time off so much. I've gone on lunches with my husband, I've watched a million brain-candy movies, hung out with the kids, drank lots of coffee, and even went to a ladies' party (www.surpriseparties.com).

While I wait patiently to eventually win the lottery, I guess it's back to my routine - ironing clothes, making lunches, laundry, and everyday insanity. Believe it or not, I can hardly wait.

Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

10 comments:

mist1 said...

I don't use my fallopian tubes for much. Do you want one of mine?

The whole floating ovary thing still confuses me. Can you get the doc to post a comment here explaining all this. How do you know they haven't migrated to your shoulders by now?

Darlene said...

mist: I've thought long and hard about this...My daughter figures I'm gonna either cough one up sometime, or I'm going to sneeze one day & an ovary is just going to come shooting out. Thanks for the tube offer though. :o)

Desperate Housewife said...

Have a great first day back, sans ovaries!
I wonder how much fallopian tubes weigh?

.:Cris:. said...

(sending HUGE mug of yummy hot coffee)

have a great day!

Cris~

Darlene said...

dh: I wish they had weighed about 15-20 pounds....Maybe instead of dieting, I can just keep getting body parts removed.

.:cris:. Thanks for the good thoughts & the coffee! You have a great day as well!

Desperate Housewife said...

That's a great idea! Just think of all the body parts we can do without..tonsils, appendix, gall bladder, a kidney...

Netter said...

It's nice to hear you are feeling better and heading back to work.

The Ladies Party sounds interesting. Are you going to tell us what you bought...or is that a big secret.

I always think I'm going to win the lottery...but I never buy tickets, so that really cuts down my chances.

C... said...

I need a two week hiatus

Anonymous said...

Glad your back up on your feet and can get back to the normal routine.

Librarian Girl said...

Floating Ovaries would be such a great name for a band.

Good luck going back to the daily grind!