31 October 2006

Happy Halloween!


Okay, seriously - How much fun was it dressing up like I was from the '80s today??? I had long forgotten what a hoot it was to tease your hair, put on layers of jewelry and a shitload of makeup. When I walked downstairs, Amy said, "Oh my God, you should dress like this every day!" Not like I would....Been there, done that.

We even had a contest at work & holy shit, wouldn't you know it - I won. If someone were to look at me 22 years ago and tell me that the I would be wearing the same thing in the future for Halloween, and win as 'best costume', I would have laughed.

The blazer that I'm wearing? I bought that when I was 17 - I had to work every evening after school for 2 weeks to pay for it. Hey, it cost a lot back then to look that tacky.










My coworker, Amanda & I.
















Amy & I at her work - she was in '80s mode too - is even wearing my jewelry.

13 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Oh honey, you are ROCKIN' IT!

Love the frosted make-up. Why did we think frosting ourselves like pastries was a good idea?

Kare said...

When I saw you today, I wanted to go to Frankie and Johnny's. Remember that place? lol. "T & A everyday!" woo hoo
You looked great, btw.
Those of you who didn't know Darlene... she truly looked like that every day in the 80's.
Why,didn't I save my leopard jeans?

Kare said...

oh, and you can't see her electric blue eyeliner in the pics.

.:Cris:. said...

Mahvelous, Dahling!

I found my black eyeshadows and did my eyes up. My mom commented, "oh, gawd. You're not going goth again are you?!?"

Happy Halloween!
Cris~

Netter said...

Ah, the 80's! You brought back some great memories. I suddenly felt like breaking into song...Like a Virgin...touched for the very first time... I bet people that owned stock in hair spray, made a ton of bucks back then.

mist1 said...

This is further evidence that I should keep that dress that I bought my freshman year in college.

Desperate Housewife said...

You can fit into something you wore in high school?!!

Darlene said...

Thanks, guys - too much fun!

kare: Frankie & Johnny's??? Do I remember? Hell, yeah! "I'm Tony." "So am I!" hahaha good times.

Anonymous said...

Hey, girls just wanna have fun, right? Great costume!

Darlene said...

hahahah thanks, sue. :o)

Lucy said...

OMG....you look like a young Madonna!!! (is that what I was supposed to say?)

Darlene said...

lucy: hahaha A "young" Madonna?? I think I love you.

Unknown said...

You look awesome!! Great Pictures!!