18 October 2006

I had the strangest dream last night. In my dream there was a girl I went to grade school with. Her name was Wendy. I haven't seen or even thought about her since 6th grade. I don't know whatever happened to her. I was standing in a store & she just walked up to me. She didn't look the same, but I knew who she was right away. It was so wierd - how can someone who has had no impact on my life in the last 27 years all of a sudden pop into a dream like that? I actually don't remember too much about her at all - To be honest I really only have one memory of her....

It was almost time for summer vacation. My girlfriends and I were so excited about the upcoming school year because we would be in junior high. Wendy wasn't a part of my group - from what I recall, she wasn't a part of any group. She was a little.....off. At lunch time she would sit in a chair closest to us to eavesdrop on our conversations.

Anyway, I remember us all talking about tweezing our eyebrows. None of us had ever done it, but we figured going to high school & all, it was probably a good time to start. I mean, after all, we'd be teenagers; and what teenager doesn't tweeze their eyebrows?

Wendy must have overheard this conversation, because the next morning she came to school & walked right up to us in the playground. All of our mouths dropped.

"See? I tweezed my eyebrows yesterday! I didn't even use tweezers - I just pulled them out with my fingers! It didn't really hurt too much."

Awkward silence.

You see, Wendy hadn't tweezed her eyebrows at all. She had pulled out all of her eyelashes. She looked like a fish.

How is it that this girl made it into my head?

10 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

!!??
That's kind of gross.

Kare said...

omg.
That's just weird, Darlene.
I'm kind of creeped out.


I wonder if you are going to run into her soon.

Darlene said...

It was actually pretty darn funny - like I said, she was a little 'off' & misunderstood what was supposed to be plucked.

What is creepy is that I dreamed about her. I didn't check to see if her eyelashes had grown back...maybe I should have.

Kare said...

You didn't check? hahaha. oh you crack me up, Darlene.

Netter said...

OMG..her eye lashes. That is so strange.

mist1 said...

Ouch.

Schell said...

Really strange, what the hell made you dream of her? For some reason, I do believe that dreams happen for a reason, even though they are way out there most times.

Librarian Girl said...

You know, they say (who the hell THEY are, I don't know) that our brains have the capacity to store every single thing we've ever experienced, but we just don't consciously remember it. It's all in there, but we're just not accessing it. So Lashless Wendy probably just slipped out. (and even though you only have one memory of her, you have to admit it's kind of a doozy).

LadyLinoleum said...

Okay, that is very strange that you're dreaming about her. I agree. I'm not a Jungian so my analysis would be pedestrian at best, but wow, wonder what it means???

Anonymous said...

Can a person pull their eyelashes out?! That's disturbing! Well, you can file that one under weird!