20 July 2006

Pics from the concert



Okay, so apparently I must be doing something crazy because for some reason, I can't add pics to yesterday's post. hmm... So, here they are:

This is Amy and I - before the whole "meet the band" episode

Amy - with the drummer (thinking his name might be Jeremy??)

Amy with the bass player (don't have a clue who he is)

Amy with the guitarist (Steve?)

Amy with Our Lady Peace (sans drummer) She said to me "Look mom, he actually has his arm around me!" This is how they met....He walks up to her, after she's talking to Jeremy, and says, "Amy, right?" She says, "Yeah". Then he says, "Hi, I'm Raine," and shakes her hand - she apparently crapped in her pants at that very moment.

My husband, Vaughn, who's the ummm... normal one, wonders what's left. He said, "I don't get it. She lives her life for Our Lady Peace. She's seen them in concert a million times, and now she's met them. Now what? Anything more would make her a stalker." I replied, "You see, honey, this is the band Amy will love till the end of time. This is the band she'll take her daughter to someday. Our Lady Peace is like my Duran Duran." He stares blankly at me and says, "I still don't get it." I just rolled my eyes.


4 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I used to have a pin that said, "I had sex with Nick Rhodes."
I had to hide it from my mom.

Kare said...

lol. I'll be Darlene had that pin, too. Did you?
Great pictures, Darlene! I especially love the one of you both.
Thanks for letting us see them all!

Darlene said...

HAHAHAH No, actually, I didn't have that pin.... I'm surprised I was able to walk, though, with all the Duran Duran pins I did have. I am a little jealous that you had that one and not me - I thought I was his biggest fan. :o)

Anonymous said...

i have a lj icon that says i had sex with john taylor. does that count? ahaha
oooh mooooooommay.
OUR LADY PEACE! im pretty sure i will never get sick of these pictures. and i want a cardboard cut out of me and raine maida for my birthday... write that down.
thank you for coming with me.
me you and jess was EXACTLY how i wanted that concert to go down.
=]
loooove you