24 July 2006

My Deal With God


Okay, I made a deal with God yesterday....I swore that if it would snow today I would be good until the end of time. I think God called my bluff.....

I woke up shortly after midnight last night to the loudest crack of thunder. It was so loud, I actually jumped from my side of the bed to Vaughn's covering my head because I thought someone shot at me. Needless to say, Vaughn wasn't there - Porkchop felt the need to protect us from underneath the computer desk in the basement.

The hail was coming down so hard that it was bouncing off Vaughn's truck (aka his baby, aka the other love of his life), so he's flailing around like a wet hen because he figures this Act of God is going to put dents in his truck. I felt like yelling, "It's all my fault! God is testing me!" but before I had the chance, the storm stopped - just as quick as it had started. I figure God knew that I knew.

However.......it was only hail. There was no snow this morning, so I figure being good until the end of the week should be sufficient.

God has quite a sense of humor.

3 comments:

Kare said...

It scared me, too!! Was that ever loud. Rocky was sound asleep and he just bolted up. Didn't know it hailed, though.
When I got up at 5, I went outside and it was all foggy. I thought it snowed, too. weird.

Schell said...

The lightening was unreal. I never seen so much.

Kare said...

But beautiful, too.