10 December 2008

urinetown


at the makeup table

in costume

Adam & Luay aka Mr. Cladwell & Officer Lockstock

I'll be the 1st to admit that I was a little skeptical about Adam's drama club performing this musical. I figured, if anything else, the name alone would turn people off from seeing it. Boy was I wrong. It was absolutely fantastic. They performed 'Cats' last year, and while I appreciated the professionalism and the talent of the play, 'Urinetown' totally blew it right out of the water. It was the most entertaining show I'd ever been to.

Adam's character, Caldwell B. Cladwell, was the token 'bad guy', and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but my son was the best asshole (his interpretation, not mine - okay, maybe mine too) in the history of high school musicals. It was phenomenal. They had 7 performances and I made it to three. I even bought out an entire row last Friday for family & coworkers. I'm so proud, I can't even stand it.

6 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I'm glad to hear Adam was such a stellar asshole!

Darlene said...

dh: ahahahah That he was!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen it! Adam's so talented.
Miss you. sigh.

-Karen

Netter said...

I'm glad the show was a hit. I liked Urinetown on Broadway. I bet they had fun with it.

Sam was just Max in The Producers. I should post pictures. I totally forgot.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son! I haven't seen the show but now I must! Oh and here's a hanky for you, you must be very proud. :o)

Darlene said...

kare: You would have loved it - it truly was amazing.

nett: Yes, he had so much fun with it, however, he was totally exhausted by the end. Speaking of 'The Producers', Adam wants that movie for Christmas and I can't find it anywhere.

sue: I'm so proud! Putting the title aside, I think you'd really like it - it's quite humorous.