03 September 2008

when did this happen???

There are certain things that were cool in the '80s, but, at the same time, they were styles that should be kept in the '80s. One of them is the legwarmer. Don't get me wrong, I had pairs of these in every color. When I opened the Sears sale catalogue yesterday, I see these. When I mentioned this to Kare, she basically told me to save my money & she would knit me some. Parachute pants, legwarmers, lace ribbon in the hair & Michael Jackson gloves are all things that are to be left in our memories & in bad twenty year old photos.


9 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

hehe... I never succumbed to the legwarmer phase. The spandex though... ughhhh.

Was GG what you hoped for? :)

Darlene said...

cris: Oh my God, SPANDEX!!! hahahah That's definitely something that should never make a comeback either. Gossip Girl was great - so scandalous for a bunch of high school kids.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've seen these in various knitting books and thought, what the?! However, I've not seen anyone actually wearing them. Thankfully.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've seen these in various knitting books and thought, what the?! However, I've not seen anyone actually wearing them. Thankfully.

Netter said...

I had leg warmers.They looked dumb then and they look dumb now. The only difference is, I wouldn't be caught dead in them now...lol. They say things repeat in fashion, just like with history...but I doubt that hoop skirts will every be the trend of the year.

Desperate Housewife said...

Ohhhh, I LOVED legwarmers back in the day! Of course, I weighed about 60 lbs at the time, and these days I would never wear anything that would add bulk to my calves.

Desperate Housewife said...

I just had a junior high flashback ... my aunt knitted me a lopi sweater with matching legwarmers, mittens and hat. I thought I was the coolest kid at Friday night skating!

Anonymous said...

: )
(it's me, Kare)

Tal said...

I love leg warmers! I wanted to knit some but thought it would take too long, so I took a sweater and cut off the sleeves and sewed the ends and now they look better than anything I could have ever knitted.