07 September 2008

acting, singing & other bodily functions....


I'll admit, I was a little surprised at the high school's choice of musical this year, but nonetheless, Adam auditioned for it, and guess what? He got the lead!!! I don't know who was more excited!

Rehearsals start today, and for the next 3 months, it's going to be insane for him. It's usually about 15 hours a week (after school & on weekends) up until two weeks before the play, and then it's 30-35 hours a week. On top of that, they then have 8 performances. Isn't that crazy?

My son is a natural performer. He claims to be a shy person, but when he gets on stage, he shines. He's definitely found his calling. I'm so proud of him. :o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats to Adam! I have to admit, I've passed on seeing the show because of the name (I know, priggy) but I have heard it's a great show. Break a leg, Adam!

Darlene said...

sue: I know! The name kind of caught me off guard as well. I had to read up on it a bit, and, yes, it does sound like a good show - you would think they could come up with a better name, though?

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

OMG...that is too funny!!!! They do have clothes on for this don't they???

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Adam. That is very cool. His Cats performance was amazing last year. Wish I could see this years. LOVE the name, bee tee dubble you. Miss you so much, Darlene. Happy Birthday to Amy. Hi Amy!

Desperate Housewife said...

That's so cool! I don't know about FM, but high school musicals are a huge deal here. People with no kids go to see them, and radio stations give away tickets as prizes, and people actually try to win them!

Darlene said...

lucy: Yeah, they wear clothes. hahah

kare: I wish you were here too.

dh: Yeah, musicals are a really big deal up here as well. It actually makes it to the provincial news. It should be fun!

Netter said...

Congrats to Adam! I saw Urinetown on Broadway and enjoyed it quite a bit. Sam is in the middle of trying out for their Musical too...The Producers...should prove interesting.

Darlene said...

nett: The Producers??? I LOVE the Producers!!!

Netter said...

Yeah, I do too. The cast list was supposed to be posted at noon..but it still wasn't up by 7 this evening....but still isn't.