06 September 2007

My Week.


Holy shit - how busy was this week? I guess it's all the craziness with getting back into the swing of things with Adam back in school. Here's a pic on his 1st day:

It's Amy's 21st birthday on Saturday, but her friend Benjamin (remember him from last year?) had to leave last Sunday, so we had a 'Bon Voyage Ben/Amy's Faux Birthday' celebration last weekend so he wouldn't miss it. I wasn't crazy about the boy last year, but I'll bite the bullet and actually admit that I love that kid. He's a sweet guy who absolutely adores Amy. Isn't that all that matters? Here are some pics:


As well, Amy got a portion of her present today - She & my father (she calls him 'Poppy') have a bond like no other - In his eyes, she can do no wrong (rolling eyes), and in her eyes, he walks on water. So....in honor of him, this is what she got this afternoon:


My Father cried. The guy did an amazing job - so well, in fact, I've decided to get another tattoo by him on Saturday, even though I swore that my last one was definitely my last one.

Netter & DH, it took a while, but your presents were mailed today - Nett, they told me that the dog sled should be mushing it's way out of the Post Office Igloo soon and you should receive it in about 10 days. ;o) DH, even though they stuck a ton of 'Fragile' stickers on yours, I'm crossing my fingers that it gets to you in one piece. Let me know when you both get them, k?

Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

16 comments:

Kare said...

omg. How cool, Darlene!
Amy, I love it!
wow.
Did he know that she was doing it?
Your dad must be sooo happy. He's ok with tattoo's isn't he?


I'm glad to see that Wolf Boy didn't do the tat. He works there. He stalks Tres. Seriously stalks Tres. (we call him Wolf Boy because he walks his dog that's part wolf by our house every day.)

What does Ben's shirt say?

Kare said...

What are you getting on Saturday? Can I come?

Darlene said...

What's wolf boy's name? I'm thinking Steve.
I'm not sure what time the appointment is - we have to wait in line to get an appt because that's the only day that is walk-ins only - They told us to do that because otherwise we'd have to wait a month.
I'd rather get the tattoo before I tell anyone what it is. I think you'll be surprised. ;o)

Dan said...

You have tattoos Darlene? How many and where?

Darlene said...

kare: His shirt says "No Booth" - Hagan got it for him, because apparently Ben has a huge dislike for booths. Go figure.

dan: Yes, I have 6 tattoos - My kid's initials on my left calf, a 'Z' on the lower right back, a shamrock on the lower middle back, the chinese symbol for 'inner peace' on my right shoulder, a big celtic cross in between my shoulders, and 'truth' written in hebrew on the back of my neck. I can't help it - I have an addictive personality. hahahaha

Sonya said...

Very cool tattoo!

Darlene said...

sonya: Yes, it is so cool - However, my daughter has 10 or 11 now, I sometimes think she just comes up with ideas as an excuse to get another one. hahahah

Netter said...

Awww, I love it when tatoos have special meaning. Ok, this has been in the back of my head for quite some time....but everytime I see a pic of Amy with Benjamin, I think of Owen Wilson. Maybe its the hair because he doesn't have that nose. They make a cute little couple.

I can't wait to see what your tat will be of Darlene. I'll get one someday. I just have to find the right thing...something that means a lot to me.

Oh man, I'm so excited....I'll let you know as soon as I get it. Ten days....holy!

Yarn Tails said...

Way too cool! Love the tattoo. I got my first one just last month. Should be going back to get a little bit added to it. Pic on my blog if you wanna see. Missed you! Talk to you soon.

Darlene said...

Nett: I always think of Owen Wilson too! Kinda surfer-dude personality. They aren't a couple, though - just best friends.

yarn tails: missed you too! I'm gonna go check your tattoo now! Be careful - they're addictive. I know this from personal experience.

Kare said...

I'm really curious about the tattoo.

Hagan? Hagan who is going to be a dad?
Ben is totally Owen. I think everyone thinks that.

Anonymous said...

thank you guys!
i really appreciate it!

alright so:

a) arent me and ben SO CUTE! i love him. he is the greatest friend i think i could ask for, my mom is right - he does treat me amazingly.

b) i called poppy to tell him about the tattoo befor hand because i was scared he was going to be against it because he doesnt HATE tattoos he hates how many i have. but he told me he would be honored, so i was glad.
(p.s. mom im up to 10 now, but i need to have 11 because im an odd not a even)

c) hagan isnt the daddy! ahaha scandal! its this guy named trent because jen thought she was further along than she actually is. so the timeline shows its trents... ahaha and ALSO - hagan did indeed buy the shirt, but i had to put my sweat and tears into it to get the letters on. ahaha

d) how many typos are in this? also i have the worst grammar and spelling skills known to man.

love you guys!

Kare said...

Amy, you are such a card!
I'm shocked at the scandal though.
wow. Drama everywhere!
And, yes, you and Ben and very cute together.

Desperate Housewife said...

Eeeeeee! I won!!

Is it just me, or does Benjamin look a bit like Owen Wilson?

Darlene said...

dh: not just you.

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a cute couple! Owen Wilson was my first impression too. Sounds like a whole heck of a lot of tatooing going on up there! Can't wait to see what you get! Er, if we can see it, that is.