23 September 2007

The Last Hurrah

Well, it's been quite a week - After much consideration, Amy has decided to move away, and she's leaving tomorrow morning. It's been a hard week - I don't think I'll ever stop crying. We fight like cats & dogs, but in a nutshell, we're basically the same person. I can't imagine not seeing her, not laughing with her, not fighting with her every day.
I decided that I would have a 'bon voyage' party for her last night, but because she's not going to be here for my 40th birthday next week, she & her friends actually gave me a surprise party. Such a great night.

This is a present Amy & her best friend, Jesse made me - it was a canvas with different memories written on it. As well, a quote from "for one more day" by Mitch Albom written on it:


"She wasn't easy on me, don't get me wrong. She smacked me. She scolded me. She punished me. But she loved me. She really did. She loved me falling off a swing set. She loved me stepping on her floors with muddy shoes. She loved me through vomit and snot, and bloody knees. She loved me coming and going - at my worst and at my best. She had a bottomless well. She had a bottomless well of love for me. Of love for me."


Once again Amy proved to give me a memorable present. I didn't think the tears would stop.


My girlfriend Jayne & her husband gave me a remarkable table with a lighthouse on it. It's absolutely beautiful. Her presents are always amazing. If you're noticing two girls dressed very '80s in the background, that's two friends I work with - Amanda & Laura. I always wanted an '80s themed party, so when they were invited to this, they decided to run with it. Needless to say, as soon as the gift opening was over, I ran upstairs & changed into some old clothes. I'm all about teasing the hair, wearing tacky jewellery and those shoulder pads! To top it all off - Vaughn got me another pair of uggs! Yay me!

Now, for your viewing pleasure, some pictures from last night's excitement. Amanda made me a cake with a penis on it - In my defense, I was drunk as a sailor, so, out of consideration, I won't post the pics of what I did with the cake later. BWAAHAHAH (Netter, you can see them all on facebook) ;o)







































Happy trails, little miss. I love you everyday - and now I'll miss you every day.



Have a great evening, everyone. Peace.

9 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

aww... stop it! You're gonna make me cry.

Your party looks like such a hoot! :) I wanna know how to find you on facebook, I started an account there a few months ago...

*sharing coffee*
Cris~

Darlene said...

thanks cris - Amy's just in the shower now - we leave here in about 90 minutes. I don't think today is going to be the greatest. :o( Thanks for the coffee. *s* Do you have netter on your facebook? If so, just look through her friends & you'll find me - you can add me that way. Either that, or I can add you?

Netter said...

Great party! I'm sorry Amy is heading off, but she'll be back and you will talk all the time. It's never easy when your babies head out on their path, is it. On a happier note, I loved looking through your party pics. OMG, I booked it to faceboook this morning and had a looksie at your cake pictures. I laughed so hard, I mean really, with a cake like that, the deed had to be done. I left a comment on one of the pics.

Oh, I ordered something for you...it won't be delivered until after your birthday. I suck, I know it...but it will drag out your birthday fun. Keep your eyes on the mail.

Darlene said...

nett: Just got back from the airport & my heart is broken - thanks for your kind words.
How funny were the pictures? Why is it that when you're drunk you feel like everything is cool? Me making out with my birthday cake was definitely NOT cool. AHAHAHA

.:Cris:. said...

hehe

I don't have Netter on facebook :*(

get my email from Kare and email me; I'll let you add me because I am clueless when it comes to facebook...

((((great big hugs))))

Kare said...

How are you today, Darlene? Are you holding out alright?? Did she arrive alright.I am so sorry that I missed this.
Looks like you had a great time.
(You should send me those pics since I don't have facebook...)

Librarian Girl said...

Aw, so bittersweet. Happy happy happy birthday to you! And how lucky you are to have such a great group of people around you, including your daughter. So much love. Awesome.

Desperate Housewife said...

Happy birthday! You're so lucky to have such a great relationship with Amy and such great friends!

♥ KNITTING ART said...

Be Happy Forever... Greetings,