05 April 2007

Jumping on the M&M Bandwagon


Well, I noticed that cris and brandy tried this, so I figured it was worth a shot. Funny, I actually look NOTHING like this (aside from the coffee cup always in my hand!) ahaha Lots of fun!
So, my husband and I are off on another road trip tomorrow - this is just a day one, so it should be okay. He's in the process of looking at a boat to purchase, and the one he's interested in is 3 hours away. Don't even bother to ask what kind of boat or anything specific, as I'm not 'down with the boat lingo' & I'm not the boat type - heck, I'm especially not the outdoorsy type when it comes to the summertime. I'm deathly afraid of insects, but this is something he's wanted for so long, so I'm happy he's able to do it. I will, however, jump on board if there's a possibility that I can wear a captain's hat...
So, I go into the bank this afternoon to get a certified cheque for this ocean liner that Vaughn is thinking about getting. I walk up to the teller, swipe my bank card and tell her that I'd like to get a cheque for an insane amount of money. So, she just looks at the computer screen, says, "No problem", prints out the cheque & hands it to me. When she asks if there was anything else I needed, I told her that my bank card has been giving me a problem, as the swipey bar on the back is wearing out - could I get a new one? Do you know what she said???? "Sure, but I'll have to see 2 pieces of ID". Excuse me???? She just handed me a cheque for thousands of dollars without even verifying that it was my account. Anyone could have walked in off the street with my card & cleaned me out... Friggin' idiot. I started yelling at her, and all she could say was "It's procedure"...At least that's what I think she said - she could hardly speak English, and when I yelled for an interpreter, there were none available. ;o)
Have a great evening, everyone! Peace.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you M&M character! Way to cute!!

OMG! That is so not right. What is wrong with your bank? I think I would have been taking my money else where! They have strange policies dont they.And you thing they would have wanted to see some id when you got the check.

Darlene said...

brandy: I know! I'm not sure if the bank teller was at fault, or if my bank is actually screwed up - they don't ask for passcodes or anything... Lucky for me there isn't usually a whole heck of a lot of money in my account! LOL

Anonymous said...

Er, where'd you say your bank was again? I've had my eye on a lovely diamond bracelet...

LadyLinoleum said...

You look good as an M&M...LOL

Happy boating.... ;-)

Kare said...

Did you get pics?

C... said...

That is pretty lame of them. I just recently deposited over $2000 in a savings account and they said they would need to put a hold on it before I could withdraw it. No ID was requested for the deposit but they sure as won't let me use it right away even if I gave it to them.