03 April 2007

Have a Nice Day



It's amazing how many good things can happen on a day off. It started out yesterday when the manager at Starbucks told me that this morning they would be introducing a new beverage - she's aware of my love affair with caramel, so she told me that this morning, my new experience would be on the house. It's called Dulce de Leche Latte which has something to do with 'caramel milk', and, with the toffee bits sprinkled over the top, I can honestly say it was absolutely divine.

I had a relaxing day at home - got laundry done, and proceeded to go to my bi-weekly nail appointment, when I heard my daughter scream from upstairs. Bon Jovi will be playing in Calgary in July and tickets will be going on sale next week!!! I had to call my husband right away:

Me: Honey!!! Tickets go on sale next week for Bon Jovi!!! Oh My God! Oh My God!!!

Vaughn: Okay.... So, I take it you want to go?

Me: It's Bon Jovi!!! I'd mush Porkchop to see them!!!!

Vaughn: You've said this about other concerts.

Me: Oh My God!!! I've be waiting for this concert!!!

Vaughn: You've been waiting for other concerts too...Want me to name some?
Me: I'm hanging up now.

Clearly the man has no excitement in his veins....This is probably why I'd go with Amy. So, next week, I'll have me, Vaughn & Adam trying for tickets online while Amy tackles the phone lines.



This will be fun - way fun.

Have a great evening, everyone! Peace.

10 comments:

Netter said...

Ohhh, I went to Bon Jovi at Jones Beach a few years ago...you are going to have so much fun. I wanna go but I can't so I am going to go pout until I am in a better mood.

Shoot!

Anonymous said...

I saw that in starbucks too. did you see the pineapple empanada that they're selling with it? Weird. Dulce de leche is basically S. American caramel, pretty yummy stuff. I eat it straight out the bottle by the spoonful in the middle of the night. Thank god for my stairmaster! I have some pretty interesting habits:) By the way, Bon Jovi!? Poor Vaughn! LOL
Best, Imani

Darlene said...

nett: You saw them? Sweet! What do you mean you can go? Get a ticket & come with us!

Imani: Where do I find this caramel? I can't buy the stuff they have at starbucks, so if I could find something similar, that would be great! p.s. about Bon Jovi, Vaughn has come to terms with the fact that I'm basically a 16 year old trapped in a 39 year old body! LOL

Kare said...

A nick lachey latte? I'm there.

When is this concert?

Darlene said...

nick lachey latte? eeewwwhhhh

The concert is 11 July. YAY!

.:Cris:. said...

Bon Jovi is awesooooooome live- I got to see them a few years ago. My cousin's (now ex) husband is like the king of winning the call in contests on the radio, and well I got the tix for my anni. I took my sister and we had the best time ever!

Caramel... (drooling face)

Cris~

Darlene said...

cris: They are just one of those bands that I HAVE to see before I die...You're so lucky!!!

p.s. You have to get to Starbucks & try that drink - it's dreamy!

Desperate Housewife said...

Jon is so much hotter now than he was in the eighties.

I hate Starbucks. They took away my Chantico drinking chocolate, the bastards. I loved that stuff.

.:Cris:. said...

Crossing my fingers you get tix :)

Cris~

Anonymous said...

Did someone say toffee?! Yum! I must try one of those. Hope you get tickets. Jon Bon Jovi still has "it"!