02 April 2007

Ice Ice Baby

I had extra time before work this morning, so I thought it would be a good time to drop into Kare's place to bring her some of the dessert I had made yesterday for Vaughn's birthday. It's always nice to spend time with her - even if it's only a minute or two.
Everything was going fine until I parked on the street in front of her house and walked behind her car. You know how it is when you're slipping and everything proceeds in what feels like slow motion? You can feel yourself slip, so you begin to fight the fall - your arms start to flail, and your legs start to do the splits.... Well, there was none of that. It was like I was walking normally, and all of a sudden 'whoosh'! - I was flat on my back on the side of the road. The next thing I saw was Kare running down her snow-covered driveway with only socks on her feet, yelling, "Oh my God!"...As I got up to walk towards her, she was convinced that I was hurt. When I told her I was fine, she then told me that I was in shock.

So, I've had the day to think about this, and every time it crosses my mind, I burst into a fit of laughter. Kare figures I've hit my head too hard, but I seriously think that this would have been something so hilarious if it had been videotaped - even though, this evening I kind of feel like I'd been hit by a small vehicle. If you had only seen the look on Kare's face...That was funnier than the fact that I spent 1/2 the day at work with the entire ass of my pants soaking wet.

Kare, if I'm gonna kill myself in front of anyone's house, I'd pick yours. I just love you that much. ;o)

On a lighter note, she gave me the cutest chicken!
What an interesting, entertaining way to start the week...Even better, I managed to finagle tomorrow off work! Yay me!


Have a wonderful evening, everyone! Peace.

9 comments:

Kare said...

I'm so glad that you aren't broken. Holy crap, that was awful to see! Luckily, the 'sex in a pan' was saved. hahahaha
And for the record, it wasn't my sidewalk, it was the city road. Just to cover my ass. no pun intended.
really, I'm so happy that you don't hurt too badly. You gave me a heart attack.
Love you, girlfriend.

(And she is serious about bursting into fits of laughter. She even phoned me in the afternoon laughing her head off. I really tnink it shook something up in there, but if she's happy...)

Kare said...

hey, do you think you could say it was the neighbors ice? this could be good...ya... real good...

Netter said...

Oh man....ouchie. I usually fall flat on my ass in public spaces, full of people. In NYC at the main entrance to Penn Station...that one hurt....and at the grocery store, near the eggs. I hit hard that time too. It's a good thing I'm well padded.

I hope you don't feel worse in a few days.

Darlene said...

kare: I'll totally blame it on the neighbors...We'll restage the scene of the crime tomorrow & take pictures!

nett: you should probably tie your shoelaces! LOL thnx for the happy thoughts!

Kare said...

Perfect! Let's do it!
Enjoy your 'ass day' tomorrow. hahaha.

Netter said...

lol, HEY! I can honestly say it wasn't because of untied laces....lol, I was wearing flip flops at the grocery store and I had TIED sneakers at Penn Station. Actually, that was probably why I fell..the stinkin' shoes were tied. lol, it had been raining buckets and I stepped over the full gutter of water and the next thing I know, I'm airborn and fell right on my ass. There was a group of atleast 40 people trying to stay out of the rain and they all made sounds that sounded like, "WHOA, OUCH, EWWW", when I hit. My butt was soaked with diry NYC sidewalk soot. That was a long train ride home. lol...I'm glad you didn't get hurt though.

Desperate Housewife said...

Just as long as the "sex in a pan" was okay...

Unknown said...

Hey you should read my blog from last May. I did a flip off my bike! Glad you are ok! I probably would have laughed my butt off too!

Darlene said...

dh: thankfully,the sex in a pan survived.

brandy: I laughed my butt off so much, it hurts like hell today! LOL