07 April 2007

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I, myself, being born into the Catholic religion, am beyond excited. You see, much to my mother's disapproval, I'm not a believer of organized religion, however there are a few things I've carried with me. One of them is Lent. So, for 39 days, I have given up chocolate covered almonds, macadamia nuts & caramels. God bless my husband - he bought an entire case from a girl that was fundraising just so I'd have them on Easter morning. So, lets talk about how much weight I'm going to gain tomorrow, shall we??

Hope the easter bunny leaves chocolate for everyone! Have a great weekend! Peace.


9 comments:

Netter said...

Happy Easter Darlene....and may your butt fit through your front door after you eat all those goodies.

Here's a fun Lent story...a few years ago my friend Raine gave up Diet Coke for Lent. Well, that was the only caffine she consumed and because she was going cold turkey she was a little cranky. lol, by a little...I really mean VERY CRANKY. Anyway, her little sister was living with her at that time and Sheena went to talk to their preist about how mean Raine had been. The Priest then told Raine that God would understand because he didn't want her to give upsomething that was hurting her or her loved ones. I don't remember if she gave in or not...but you know she must have been hell on wheels if the Priest told her to forget about Lent and to drink some diet Coke.

Darlene said...

nett: ahahha Well, I give up the same thing every Lent & Advent - I was actually asked once why I didn't give up coffee, as it's my all time favorite thing, but I'm guessing I would have been just like Raine - I think I would have lasted a few hours before going 'Terminator' on everyone. LOL Happy Easter!

Kare said...

Happy Easter, my friend.

Unknown said...

Have a Wonderful Easter!!

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Cute cartoon! Have a wonderful chocolate filled day! After all, it wouldn't be Easter without chocolate!

.:Cris:. said...

~*~ Happy Easter! ~*~

C... said...

I am Catholic too but I went to a sunrise service with my Baptist friends at a Methodist church. It was short and sweet then we ate at IHOP. Yum.

Desperate Housewife said...

Happy belated Easter!
I'm not religious. It's all about the chocolate to me.

Darlene said...

dh: God Bless chocolate. Amen.