12 November 2008

I Do.....Again

Every young girl fantasizes about her dream wedding. You know, big poofy gown, lots of people, jillions of flowers.... My dream was a little different. I always wanted to be married by an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas. Because I got married quite young and my parents paid for everything, they totally dissed the idea, so we settled for a semi-traditional wedding which I despised (read a previous blog-rant here).

With our 20th anniversary in 2009, Vaughn suggested that I finally make my dream come true. We're taking the kids to Vegas and we're renewing our vows at Graceland Wedding Chapel!!! Finally, I'm getting my dream wedding....and I get to marry my dream man all over again.

9 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!! The Daddy and I were planning to go to Vegas and renew our vows for our 25th by an Elvis!!! However, we thought we might like to go to Paris instead but this economy and exchange rate may make us change our minds back to The King!

Darlene said...

librarian: thanks!

sue: WAY!!! Great minds think alike! hahaha

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh My GODDDDD! I too always wanted to be married by an Elvis impersonator!!

That's so totally cool!!

Netter said...

How fun! What a great idea! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Well every little girl has a dream and this was yours.. GO for it. Everyone has an opinion and tend to voice them at the wrong time! Make yourself (and spouse) happy. I'm VERY proud of you!

Tami said...

I think that's wonderful. That's exactly what my husband wants to do if we make it 20 years!!! Only 10 to go!

Netter said...

Crap Tami! You've been married 10 years already! I still have that dress, its hanging in the closet at my parents. I bet you 10 bucks that I can't fit into it. Excuse me while I go cry in the corner.

Oh and Darlene, my dream wedding doesn't involve my family. I know them. They all want to get back at me for any tricks I've pulled in the past. I think I should do what my Mom did. She called her parents the day before her wedding and asked if they wanted to come. lol...my Dad was returning from boot camp and the didn't know when that would be, so her bridesmaid and the best man were on call.

I can't make biscuits... said...

I WAS married by Elvis! (Blowing on knuckles and rubbing them on chest)hahhaha at viva Las Vegas wedding chapel. It will be 8 years in April. It was hilarious, fun, audience participation and EVERYTHING! Do it. It's a blast!!