19 November 2008

alrighty then......



Well, this would be a bit of an exaggeration, but when I dropped Netter's package off at the post office yesterday, after the lady weighed it, she literally tossed it onto the back counter. I looked at her and said, "Ummm....That's 'fragile'. Can you please put some fragile stickers on it?" She walked over, put a few stickers on it, and as the mail carrier was walking out of the back room with all the parcels, she once again, took mine and tossed it on the back of the trolley. The only thing that I could muster was, "Are you fucking kidding me?" She just looked at me and said, "Well, it's insured, right?" and then laughed.

I hate this city. hate. hate. hate.

8 comments:

Kare said...

Nice.
What a bunch of idiots. Hopefully the contents will be alright. Sadly, this doesn't even surprise me.

I'll bet you got stuck waiting on a cab driver who was blocking the whole parking lot lane on the way out, too. oh, oh! Then you got asked for either a smoke or some money for some beer.
Was this at the Plaza 2?

Desperate Housewife said...

You should have tossed HER in the trolley!

Anonymous said...

Grrr... I hate that... Its insured but you still have to get the money from them and then repurchase the stuff and then SEND it again.... I see soo many problems in that sentence. I think if it has the fragile stickers they throw it harder!

The Chocolate Nerd said...

That's why it's so important to do what you love. If you hate your job, you're bound to make everyone else in the entire world miserable in the process!Especially if you're a big jerk:) I hope you complained. Sometimes UPS will ring my bell, wait only three seconds then head off without leaving a note! I hate that!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! No good deed goes unrewarded, does it? Eejit postal workers seem to be 100% universal. Geez. Last week I was so annoyed at an eejit cashier that I wanted to yell "STFU!" at her but I have good manners so I just flung daggers at her from my eyes. Sheesh.

egan said...

Can you really hate an entire city based on one person's actions though?

Darlene said...

egan - sad thing is that this entire city is like that.

Kare said...

It's true.


(haha my word verification is "forkin".)