06 November 2008

Oopsie....

After I picked up Adam from school today, I went into the drugstore to get him refills for his toothbrush, on account of the fact he's using a new brush tip every 2-3 weeks because his braces rip through everything. Adam waited in the car. He knows never to go into the drugstore with me because 'I'm just going to pick up one thing' is never the case. I smell the new perfumes, check out the magazines, buy some makeup, etc, etc, etc.

I do my Almond M&M check as I'm walking by the candy aisle & I clean the store out of the 9 bags that are there. As I'm walking back to the car and fumbling with the m&m bag, trying to get it opened, I grabbed the handle & yanked the door open. I think it was the man's scream that prompted me to look up. I had walked to the wrong car, opened the wrong door, scared the crap out of the poor man waiting for his wife & lost 1/2 bag of my m&m's onto his lap in the process.

Thing I learned today - ALWAYS WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.

13 comments:

Kare said...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!
I would have paid to see that. Did Adam happen to be a witness? Because he'll never let you live that down. See, there are just too many silver vehicles out there. What did the guy do with the M&M's?
Oh, Darlene, I miss you.

Darlene said...

LOL No, Adam missed it all, and it took me a good 15 minutes to tell him because I couldn't stop laughing. You see, THIS is why I need you here. You were my "Let's go to the drugstore" person. Heck you were my "Let's do whatever" person.

I'm not sure what the guy did with the m&m's. I was tempted to bend down & scoop them off his lap, but I didn't want him to think I was hitting on him. LOL

Kare said...

I miss you so much, Darlene.
Bobby isn't as much fun as you are. He doesn't smoke or drink coffee or even like purses.
omg, remember when we were laughing so much at Starbucks ordering a Frappiatto that we had tears running down our faces? I miss you so much.
(I'll bet he ate the m&m's. Or if he didn't his wife did!)

Darlene said...

Oh kare - I remember the 'Frappiatto' episode! It's always more fun when we're together, isn't it? It's just not the same, because nobody else 'gets' me. No you, No Amy - everyone else thinks I have a screw loose.

Yarn Tails said...

OMG that is way too funny!

Netter said...

LOL...Darlene, I swear we must be related or something. That's as funny as the time I poured ice cubed down the back of a guys pants on an flight to Europe. Yeah, that was a long flight, filled with dirty looks. Long story...anyway, you two make me sad that you can't be together. I know I miss my friends at home.

Darlene said...

nett: LOL OMG, how in the hell did you do that?? Yep, we must be related somehow.

Awwww, thanks for the kind words - I miss kare every day. You know what it feels like when you leave the house to go somewhere and you know you've forgotten something? That's how I feel all the time now.

Anonymous said...

Thats too funny!

Desperate Housewife said...

Ha ha ha haaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

Did your oopsie day stop you blogging?? By the way does this comment count for the contest? =-)

Darlene said...

mandy: I ran out of m&m's and now I'm tempted to go look for the guy to see if he kept them. LOL

and yes, this comment counts!

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! That's too funny! Will you have to wear a hat and sunglasses to that drugstore from now on? :oP

And conversely, I'm sorry you gals miss each other so much. :o(

Anonymous said...

Send me your address via email.. I'll send you some m&m's