10 November 2008

Has anyone read 'Twilight' yet? I started reading it Friday evening, and finished it on Saturday. It was quite entertaining and terribly romantic. I'm looking forward to starting the 2nd book in the series, even though it was recommended by my 15 year old niece, and I'm most certain was intended for teenage eyes.

There's one thing, however, that bugs me. After I read the book, I went to youtube to watch the movie trailer. In the book, the main character, Edward Cullen, is described as this breathtakingly beautiful specimen of a man/vampire. You can just visualize him as this dark, mysterious, topaz-eyed hunk. The female character talks about every time she looks at him, her heart races, and she forgets to breathe.

How on earth did they choose Robert Pattinson to play Edward Cullen? I mean, don't get me wrong, he's certainly not hideous by any means. But, in my mind, he was stunning beyond belief. If anyone has read it, I'd enjoy your feedback.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I haven't read it yet.. I'm one of those people that watch the movie OR read the book.. I've found that either I get a let down from one or the other or I'm confused when they change things. So... In this case I don't know if I want to read or watch it?

Darlene said...

I'd read it - judging from the trailer, I'm thinking the book will be soooo much better.

Desperate Housewife said...

Can't help you there. But I might give it a try sometime. I keep seeing it everywhere and I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I was thinking!! I read the book and it smolders! I wondered who would be in the movie and if the movie would live up to the book. I was worried that the movie would be all edgy and OC or something. I immediately watched the trailer on youtube and thought meh. The actor doesn't live up to the stunning hunk in the book however read this: http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_10950497?source=most_viewed There seem to be plenty of girls out there willing to go to leave their human selves behind!

Are you going to see the movie anyway?

Anonymous said...

Oops! You'll have to cut and paste: http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_10950497?source=most_viewed

Anonymous said...

to go to leave?? Geez, Sue, learn to type! OYE!

Darlene said...

Sue - I know!!! Yeah, I promised my niece I'd go with her. I'll check out that link you tried so desperately to send me. LOL
Have you started the 2nd book yet?

Anonymous said...

Well I started reading the book and I'll see where is takes me!

Boy I need to comment more for a chance at those candles!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I started the 2nd book a couple days ago. It's killing me not to peek at the ending!! Will she or won't she?! Only the neighborhood vampire knows!

Darlene said...

sue: Well, I couldn't stand not knowing, so I phoned my niece and forced her to tell me. hahahaha

Librarian Girl said...

I totally agree. He's not hot enough.

Darlene said...

librarian - AMEN.

Anonymous said...

OMG! You're killing me!!