23 January 2007

It's Kare's Birthday!!!!!


How do I say “Happy Birthday” to my friend? Well, Kare, here’s a trip down memory lane….

I met you when I was a stupid 15 year old & we were walking to the same job. Two complete opposites who became completely inseparable. My friends didn’t like you and your friends didn’t like me. But we clicked. I went on my first road trip with you – to a Rod Stewart concert. We ordered “Chicken-on-the-Way”, and when it took too long, you wanted to phone and tell them we were going to order from “Chicken-on-the-Ball”. Please tell me why we found this so funny… ;o)

We saw each other through teenage pregnancy, good boyfriends, bad boyfriends, and hey, we even kinda shared a boyfriend at one point. We spent a lot of times at sleazy bars listening to our boys play, and loved every minute of it. I watched your budgie fly out the window and then couldn’t stop laughing when you cried and wanted to get in the car to find it. I even stayed up with you when you were convinced that our apartment was haunted.

Years came and went, we stayed in touch, and at times we lost touch. Fate brought you to Rocky who happened to live right across the street from me, and nothing had changed.

For better or for worse, in good times & in bad, in sickness & in health, as long as we both shall live. Funny how marriage vows can sum up our friendship.

Happy Birthday to my forever friend. I love you.

17 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

That's really sweet!
Happy birthday, Karen!

Did you have a post last night about what you'd do if you won the lottery, or did I hallucinate it?

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful to still be such great friends! You lucky gals! I'm off to wish Kare a happy birthday.

Schell said...

Awww. Good times, good times, how fast do the years go?

Have a great day Darlene and Happy happy birthday to Karen.

Kare said...

omg, Darlene.
You are a forever friend. Just look at us! That pic was this summer and we have 24 summers behind us.
Thank you.
(ps. I don't even mind that pic. That was the best bra I ever bought. La Senza rocks. rofl)

pps: I know why we found the chicken-on-the-way so funny!
; 0

Thank you for all of the treats.

Kare said...

btw, our apartment WAS haunted.

Desperate Housewife said...

Haunted? Really? Do tell!

Darlene said...

dh: Dumbass me deleted it by mistake..and as for the haunted apartment, all I have to say is a lot of wierd stuff happened....really wierd..

schell: I think we grew up way too fast, don't you? Have a wonderful day. :o)

sue: I am truly a very blessed person. :o)

Darlene said...

kare - I vaguely remember why it was so funny too.... LOL I hope your day is remarkable, just like you!

Desperate Housewife said...

What kind of weird stuff? Come on, I'm a spooky story freak, you have to tell me!

egan said...

Bonne Anniversaire to your dear friend.

Now can I interest you in a tasty green beverage?

Darlene said...

dh: random snoring & the television ringing like a phone in the middle of the night (just to name a few)...

egan: lol - silly boy! There will be no green beverages served this evening!

Desperate Housewife said...

You had a snoring ghost?

Kare said...

DH: Thank you for the happy birthday!
I should post about all the ghostly things that have happened. I think we had a snoring ghost. Or an invisible man. Oh wait. That's a ghost, isn't it. Yup, then. A snoring ghost it was. We were so freaked.

Darlene said...

How about the ringing television? (Are you gonna answer that?) LOL

Kare said...

yes. The television actually rang like a phone. And it was off. I ended up in Darlene's lap over that one. And that's what Darlene said. "Are you gonna answer it?". Truly weird.

Netter said...

Oh crap! I totally missed Kare's Birthday. See, this is what happens when I get sick.

Darlene said...

oh nett: You will always be forgiven...Just remember we'll need a doctor's note. LOL