05 January 2007

It's a girl thing


I love Thursdays. Every Thursday, Amanda (my co-worker & the manager of the place I work) and I go for lunch... It's a stressful time, and usually by Thursday, one or both of us want to wring the neck of a certain co-worker....So, it's nice - we sit, eat, laugh, bitch, and eat some more.

This Thursday turned into Friday and we went to my favorite restaurant. She is insane crazy about their clam chowder...*puke*...The only seafood I'll eat is tuna salad sandwiches, Filet of Fish or Captain Highliner's Fishsticks...I don't think either of the three would constitute as actual fish, but, whatever.

Amanda & I ordered the 'chili chicken' which was sooo good.....I'm sure it's just chicken nuggets tossed in a spicy thai chili sauce, but everything tastes better when you pay a fortune at a restaurant for it.










Like I said, Amanda always gets the clam chowder, so when the waitress asked her today if she wanted the 'meal size', she assumed that it was the same size she normally gets. Wrong. This bowl was like a bloody flying saucer.










After way too much time laughing at the barrel of chowder (and me grabbing my handy dandy cell phone to take pictures), she proceeded to eat. At first her face got really red....and then the nausea set in....You see, this isn't the first time clam chowder has done this to her. About a month ago, we ate there, and about an hour later she threw it all up in Wal Mart. I offered her some of my pan bread with Parmesan dip, but, in between gags, she politely refused.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I guess the thought of all of this food lost it's appeal when I reminded her that as much as she loves clam chowder, it'll never taste as good coming up as it did going down.

No dessert today...Lunch was over. Lucky for me, it didn't ruin my appetite at all.....I ate every bite.

Have a great day, everyone. Peace.

12 comments:

Molecular Turtle said...

Looks like a good dinner. Although I have to agree with you clam chowder is discusting both in appearance and taste.

Darlene said...

turtle: yep - sick, sick, sick.

Desperate Housewife said...

I LOVE chowder of all kinds, but I agree it certainly does look disgusting, especially clam chowder.
You mean she puked on chowder, then was able to eat it again a month later? I didn't eat hot dogs for five years after I got sick eating them once!

Darlene said...

dh: I got sick from a cheeseburger 13 years ago & I haven't eaten beef of any kind since.

Netter said...

AUGH! I have left two comments on here and they are not showing up when I check back later. I don't get it. If this works, I will do a snoopy dance...if not, I will not be a happy camper. This has happened on two other sites too.

Anonymous said...

I thought the best way to get over my fear of clam chowder was to try it again. After all, it may not have been the chowder that made me sick the first time. How wrong was I? As much as I love the stuff, I think its time for me to hang up my spoon. I had a friend once who loved to eat hot wings at a particular restaurant, but every time she did she would break out and her neck would get all red and spotty. She didn't stop eating them though; she just started taking Benadryl allergy medicine before we went out to eat. Funny isn't it?

Darlene said...

netter: start the snoopy dance & videotape it...I wanna see it. LOL

'manda: maybe you can take a few gravol before we go for lunch? Or maybe we have to start expanding our eating places.

Unknown said...

I so love clam chowder! One of my sons favorite too! Miss you!

Darlene said...

brandy: Nice to have you back! You've been missed around here! :o)

Netter said...

lol, trust me, you do NOT want to see me doing the snoopy dance. I think I could make money off of the footage if I sold it to one of those funny video shows though.

The Chocolate Nerd said...

LOL Thanks for the laugh. I'm totally opposed to creamy soup, rice pudding, globs of mayo or anything of that persuasion. I think I'm about to url! Your friends are hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Your story reminds me of when one of my kids brought home a 24 stomach flu which my husband and I got, of course. The result of the flu was puking up spaghetti. Ick. I couldn't eat the stuff until a couple months later and we went to a friend's for dinner and they put a huge bowl of spaghetti on the table. In our politeness, we had to eat without comment but we sure didn't want to. It would have been easier to eat fried grasshoppers! What a pleasant subject! hahaha! Nett, where's that snoopy dance!