06 October 2008

these are a few of my favorite things....

Amy's friend, Jamie (and my guinea pig for the nail course) dropped over last week on my birthday, while I was at work. Amy called me afterwards...

Amy: Mom, when are you coming home?
Me: I'm on my way. Why?
Amy: Jamie brought you a present.
Me: A present??? Yay! What is it?
Amy: I'm not telling you. Come home and see.
Me: Can you give me a hint?
Amy: Okay. It combines 2 of your favorite things.
Me: Almond M&M's and Ricky Martin?
Amy: Goodbye, Mom.

It wasn't either of those things....It was a Christmas ornament of a lighthouse - two of the other things that I love.

9 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

:) too funny!

mmmmmmmmm almond m&ms...

Desperate Housewife said...

Your kid's friends bring you presents? You must be one of those cool moms. I'm definitely not. The Boy is already embarrassed by me.

Darlene said...

cris: I know, right? I ALWAYS have a stash at my house - they're so hard to find. When I do actually find them, I buy out the store. I got a good haul last week - 13 bags!

dh: Yeah, I won't lie - I'm a pretty big deal around here. AHAAHAHAH

Anonymous said...

13 BAGS?! Oh my!! But the question is, how long do 13 bags last? I'm a sucker for the peanut m&m's myself. I could eat those things until I'm sick! Ahahaha!

Okay, the giftie from your dd's friend is so sweet. Lucky gal.

Darlene said...

sue: I'd like to say I ration myself to a 1/2 bag a day.

I'd like to say that. ;o)

Lucy said...

I understand the almond M & M's...but Ricky Martin?????

Darlene said...

lucy: I have a weakness for both. hahaha

Kare said...

What about Brett Hart? I thought that he would be above the M&M's... and you think you know a person...
omg, I'm cracking myself up here..haha. Imagine Mr. Hart and Ricky Martin together! ok, not like that, but what if they showed up at your door at the same time.. What would you do?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Darlene said...

kare: I would do a Snoopy dance.