31 October 2008

happy halloween!


This was me at work today - I swear, I'm game for dressing up anytime.
Notice the 'Hitmen' hockey jersey - a Calgary team owned by the man himself, Bret Hart. *big sigh* I painted on the black eye, but Vaughn offered to give me one for free. All I said to him is 'Go ahead, but you'd better pray that I don't get back up'. I guess I didn't think this whole costume up so well, because I realized too late that hockey pants aren't meant to be worn while driving a car. It felt like I was wearing armor, which would probably be a good thing if I were a real hockey player.

It's almost 4:30pm & I'm expecting the kids to start showing up pretty soon, so I'd better get the treats ready by the door.

Have a Happy Halloween!

9 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

(your hockey uniform ROCKS!)

Netter said...

Darlene! You look so darn cute! Hockey players are not supposed to look that cute, they are supposed to be missing teeth and have bent noses, things like that.

I didn't dress up today. I didn't have time. I'm to busy setting traps and hunting mice. Where the hell are they coming from!? In the 8 years that I have lived in this house, we never had a single mouse, until now. Want to know how many I caught today? Three....and I know there is another one. I saw it, so that means there are probably more. GAG...my Halloween has turned into a real nightmare. Fitting, huh.

Anonymous said...

Great costume! Nice touch with the black eye - lol!

Desperate Housewife said...

Happy belated Halloween!

The Boy has to wear full gear for hockey, and I swear you could run over him with a truck and he wouldn't feel a thing.

Kare said...

You looked great. I think this is the cutest picture I've ever seen of you. You certainly don't look like you're middle aged.

haha

Kare said...

(does that count for 3 now? Oh!! I mean 4 counting this one! Does it?)

Kare said...

If that's the case, then I'll tell you that I'm going to an art show tonight.

Kare said...

And I also have a dr.'s appointment this afternoon.
(how many is that now?)

Darlene said...

Thanks for the kind words, all - I didn't win the contest, though....A girl dressed up like a Ninja Turtle did.

I was thinking about going as Sarah Palin, but there are some really dumb people up here who wouldn't get it. Besides, that was too much like dressing up.

kare: Let me guess...you really want the candles. hahahaha