14 August 2008

Won't you be my neighbor???


So I'm sitting in the living room this evening, playing with Porkchop on the couch. It's a beautiful warm day & I have the patio doors open. All of a sudden the smell of skunk comes wafting in. It's so strong that even Porkchop starts to get antsy. I start yelling, "Holy shit, what in the hell is that stink? Did a skunk die in our backyard???" Vaughn silences me quick by informing me that it's our neighbors, sitting on their deck. Smoking weed.

I felt so old - I remember a time when I could spot that smell a mile away. In a sense, I'm happy it was them smoking all the dope - I would have hated having to pick up rodent carcass.

9 comments:

Netter said...

lol, that's pretty funny. So the neighbors are smoking up, huh. Many years ago we had a neighbor that liked to hit the weed pretty hard. Actually he was a nice guy when he was high, it was the rest of the time that we couldn't stand him.

Oh, hey! So you liked my "200 random things about me" list, huh. Somewhere around here there is a list of 25 more things for me to add to it. I just have to find it. Yep, I fished with Larry...but I was like 4 at the time and he was a lot older. Actually, when I was in kindergarden, I saw him in the school musical...lol, get this...Bye, Bye, Birdie. They moved to Florida after that.

OK, now you have to start your random list. It goes fast. My goal was 100 but it expanded rapidly...like my waist line.

Darlene said...

How do I add a list to my blog?

p.s. I told Vaughn about you fishing with Larry & I think it's the first time in my life I ever saw him giddy. hahahaha

Kare said...

: )
That's hilarious.

I miss you.

.:Cris:. said...

HOOHAW!!! :)

Really freak em out and ask em for a toke ;)

Yarn Tails said...

LOL@.:cris:.

Sure that wasn't my exstepdad.. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, much better that the neighbors are smoking weed and not squashing skunks...;o)

Desperate Housewife said...

One of my next-door neighbors blazes up for about ten minutes each night between 10 and 11. I know this because my window fan sucks it into my living room.

Desperate Housewife said...

One of my next-door neighbors blazes up for about ten minutes each night between 10 and 11. I know this because my window fan sucks it into my living room.

Desperate Housewife said...

Crap.