25 March 2007

What happened to me????

Okay - seriously.... I think I have lost my blogger mojo. Usually when something interesting happens in my life, all I can think of is 'Oh God, I have to blog about this!' - but nothing. I really think I've totally lost my groove.

I figured I'd post about a few things that have happened in the past while because I am so out of the loop - I haven't even been on the computer for about 3 weeks, so I'll be spending the entire evening tomorrow catching up on everyone's lives.... Sorry guys... :o(

Vaughn and I finally had our 'Valentine's Day' a few weeks ago.... He took me to an amazing restaurant, had an amazing dinner. All so absolutely wonderful. He's feeling great - so great I can't even believe it. I've got my husband back! He also got me a new table & chairs that I had been oogling over for the past few months:
When I say 'oogling', I wasn't kidding. Every time this poor man walked into the living room, I would grab the catalogue and flip right to the page & oogle. So, it really came as no surprise to anyone that knows me, that when it was finally all put together, I decided I wasn't crazy about it. But, like I've always said, nothing is permanent.... I can bet the farm that I'll be oogling again over another table before you know it. I know this makes me sound like a terrible bitch, but I'm really not! I have a really hard time spending insane amounts of money on anything in my life, probably for the one reason that I crave change. I love him to death for getting it for me, and I'll love him even more when he buys me another one. Seriously, folks....It's cute....for now....

Amy invited me out for coffee this evening, which was great. We talk every day since she's moved out, and I feel the need to casually invite her over for dinner or drop down to her house just so I can bring her 'care packages'. We had an interesting conversation this evening, though...You see, Amy lives with a lesbian. Amy herself isn't one, even though she's being teased to death about it... This is how it went:

Amy: The more I think about it, the more I don't get it. I can understand guys being gay, but girls? Don't they ever just want sex? I mean, all they have to ever look forward to is a lifetime of foreplay.

Me: I know what you mean! It's kinda like getting ready to eat and knowing that for the rest of your life all you can have is appetizers. Sometimes I want more than just spinach dip.

Amy: I agree! There are just times when you need more than a starter salad...

You get the gist..... Our conversations sometimes draw stares from others, but it's nice to know that someone else is on the same wavelength as me...

My baby boy turns 16 on Tuesday! Where on earth did the time go?

I'll try to post more, I promise - and I'll be catching up on all of your lives tomorrow...

Have a great evening, everyone! Peace

6 comments:

Schell said...

Really love the table Darlene. Where did you get it? Glad to see you back. Soo glad to hear that Vaughn is doing good. Amy is doing okay on her own? It costs so much in this darn town, ridiculous. Happy birthday to your son tomorrow. Have a good day kay.

Darlene said...

schell: Congratulations on being a grandma! Your granddaughter is absolutely beautiful - Kare sent me pics the day she was born. I got the table at Sears - but you know how it is with everything you get from a catalogue...It always looks better in the picture. Amy's actually living in college housing...I don't know how young kids survive in this town, it's so bloody expensive. Looking forward to catching up on your blog...Can't wait to see more pics! Take care!

Desperate Housewife said...

If I was a lesbian the most important thing for me would be to hook up with someone my size with a large wardrobe.
That's an awesome table.
Nice to see you back!

Court said...

Hey it has been awhile. How are things? Sounds like things are going ok. I like the table and chairs they are nice. Change is always good. : )

Kare said...

I really want to see your table and chairs in person. I'm sure that they look great in your house, Darlene.
I give it 2.8 years. haha

You and Amy. You're both nuts. Good nuts but still nuts.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's funnier, your coffeehouse conversation or your take on your furniture obession! ROFL Either way, I'm glad you're back and hub is feeling better.